Gothic 3 About this Liberation Thing

Rills

Sentinel
I know this question on liberating the cities if you play the rebel path has been done to death but I try to stay away from spoilers as much as possible.

Here is what I am doing: Cape Dun and Monterra are just about primed for liberation but I have moved on. Okara is almost ready in its preparations. I just killed the demon at Gotha. My next move is to go into Vanguard.

Question: Am I doing this correctly? In other words, my intent is to prepare the rebels as much as possible and then head in Varant. Once I am done in Varant I then return and start the liberation in Cape Dun.

Sound good? Thanks

Sounds like you've got the right idea. You can't liberate more than 2 cities without all the Orcs going apesh*t on you, so yes, you should wait until you're near the end to do it.

Thanks JDR13. I find you most helpful on these boards. One other question: I have figured I'll go ahead and liberate the Cape Dun and Monterra. If I also happen to clean out Gotha is that considered a third liberation? Thanks again.

Afaik, only the starting village (Ardea) doesn't count as a liberation.

*Edit* Now that I think about, I'm not 100% sure about Gotha. I don't think it counts as a liberation.

One thing though, iirc there is a band of Orcs that roams between Gotha and Faring, make sure you do not engage them in combat. It could possibly make Faring hostile towards you.

Once Gotha is restored to the Rebels, Orcs might come from Faring and attack them. Make sure you do not partcipate in that battle if it happens. You can loot the bodies afterwards, but don't fight any Orcs.

Last edited:
I'm trying to do everything else possible first, before liberating a single city. Then, if I ever feel like it, it could always use a latish gamesave to see what happens if i decide to side with the Orcs.

...which reminds me, I haven't played this game for too long now. I was going to play The Pitt and O Anchorage for Fallout 3, but I've now decided I'm going to wait till I get Broken Steel, so I can go on after the MQ ending.

So now would be a good time to pick up on G3 again, until Risen comes out, i think..

I'd be fairly impressed if you managed to liberate Cape Dun so early, as it was a real pain with the newest CP. Heck, I finished most of Myrtana and still couldn't do it (then again, I'm not the best player around either).

Still, if you are perhaps playing vanilla, I strongly recommend getting CP 1.72... it really improves the game so much.

Honestly, Cape Dun was hard; I actually did more exploring and leveled up some more before even attempting it. I am a relatively slow player. :) What helped me was that I was at the top near tower where they had Wenzel imprisoned and I had two of those Fire Rain (correct title?) scrolls. I kind of stood in the middle of a crowd of those orcs and let loose. It only killed one or two but the fire rain also put serious damage on all within the circle and thus making melee much easier. The enemy had to come up the path to get to me so that severly limited their ability to flank.

Monterra was different. Pure carnage and I had to run for my life more time than I care to count. One thing I've noticed was that when one begins to liberate a city the enemies flock to the Nameless Hero as if he were a magnate. I lost time in how long the fighting lasted. Very few survivors left and a whole lot of pillaging in the mean time.

I don't really like playing mages but I have found using magic to support a fighter/archer can be a great thing.

VPeric, I'm not one of the best players around either. :D And, oh yes, I do have patch 1.72. By the way, patch 1,73 has been announced over at the JoWood forums and from what I have read can be installed over even saved games as long as one has 1.7x version of the patches already installed.

If your counter is already at 2, every accidental liberation will push you over the edge.

Liberating cities is not the issue; talking to the Orc Commanders is. You'll get two warnings: "Someone is liberating our cities!" (or similar) when going near the next Commander after liberating a city, and at the 3rd one he'll figure out it's you, attack you, and then every orc in the game will attack you on sight.

Often, talking to the Commander is part of the quest to liberate the city, but it can be avoided. This is how you do it:
1. Do all quests in Myrtana first, including whatever you want done for the Orcs.
2. Liberate all cities, one after the other, without doing anything inbetween. Trigger the attack on a city by killing Orcs in or near the city, instead of triggering it near the Commander.
3. Congratulations. You have now liberated Myrtana, but you can still talk to the orcs in Varant without being attacked on sight (these orcs will also attack you on sight if you talk to the Commanders in Myrtana after liberating cities).

I generally do this every time I play rebel, simply because I don't like losing out on the orc quests in Varant because I liberated Myrtana.

well i liberated Cape Dun with little advanced character
Tactic: speak with commander in doors and immidiately run away from all orc. On the way i met 2 mobs what i killed. One orc is not problem with aggressive approach. Thing is just to start slashing him first and keep going until he die. I run through the village and kill alone mobs, not running into open space cause others use crossbows agains me. Then i ran to safety for getting endurance back or healing and continued untill all enemies was dead.
this way slashed all orc.

Back
Top Bottom