Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your report! I remember that ... it's a bug. I won't fix it, since it will solve itself when we upgrade to a new vBulletin version. Don't know when that is ... but until then you'll have to mark the text to make it readable. Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

There's no inconvenience,I was just bug hunting and stumbled across this one.

Will the new vBulletin version have any other features/changes?

The thing that keeps the forums look from perfection is icons like this one:
thread_new.gif

It was designed to work with the Light style and doesn't look very good with the Dark style,there are some white pixels here and there that make it more annoying than useful.
Since creating another icon pack for the Dark style is probably not possible would you consider creating/designing a new one?

Yeah, I know. The icons in the dark style are something that's always been on my list.

Will the new vBulletin version have any other features/changes?
Oh, you have no idea ... ;)

Now there's something worth waiting for... =)

I think I found a pretty obvious one.
In the short Smilie list there are 2 "Roll Eyes" smilies.

Edit: Should I report anything I find since you're going to update?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    72.6 KB · Views: 164
I looked it up, that smiley is there twice because it's used both for : roll : and : rolleyes : -- people sometimes write :sometext: even if there is no smiley, maybe because they are used to certain keywords on other forums. So I helped out a bit.

As for reports ... *ponders* At this point, I think it's better to wait until after the update, whenever that is. But thanks anyway. :)

When editting a post in advanced mode, the smilie list doesn't work. You can't scroll down properly.

When editting a post in advanced mode, the smilie list doesn't work. You can't scroll down properly.

It worked for me a sec ago by scrolling all the way to the bottom and clicking on the black area. That opens up the whole window for me.

dte: worksforme in Firefox. Details? If it doesn't bother you too much, it will fix itself too, eventually.

Thrasher: Should be possible. That's Myrthos' area of expertise.

Just a thought. 00:00 in Europe is the previous day in the US. So we may see some negative times over here, which would be acceptable to me. Otherwise, articles slotted to different days may change which day thy are in depending on the user's timezone. That would be fine too. There's a design choice there.

We don't have IP geo localization and if we had it won't be a perfect solution.
The only way this is possible (in an easy way) is by making sure you are automatically logged in on our forums, in that way visiting the home page logs you in and it can use your timezone information from the forum account, similar to how timing is handled on the forums. This corrects the time only for those with a forum account, who are automatically logged in and who have their timezone set correctly.

I'd just be happy if the timezone correction from my forum account worked on the front page. Even with timezone correction turned on, the times are in European times. The times in thread posts are adjusted properly however. IP geo localization was beyond what I was thinking.

When I try going on the forum index :
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php
I seem to get a picture (screenshot looking) of a guy with a sword and a winged helmet instead of the forum.
I can't navigate the forum unless I click on any post from RPGWatch news page and then navigate through there.

Any idea if I'm the only one who has this problem ?

Attachments

• index.jpeg
    index.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 111
Uh.. that sounds strange. Have you tried deleting your cache? Shift-Reload? That image looks like one from "Picture Watch" on the news page.

I made a mistake in RPG General forums by starting a new thread, which turned out to be incorrect information about there being a English title.

Could a moderator please move the first two posts, mine and Ergonpandilus to the correct thread and delete the thread, please?

Apologizes for the mistake and any extra work necessary. :)

Or if there is a better procedure/solution let me know.

Thanks.

No prob. Done as requested.

You need to have a more clear link to click on to log in. At the moment it's rubbish. There is no link to click to log back in after you've registered and there are no directions on your home page steering you to any kind of log in. Please redress. Or I unleash my true power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom