Chris Avellone Dialogue Monologue @ RPG Codex

Dhruin

SasqWatch
You may recall an article RPG Codex did on dialogue a little while ago with input from Chris Avellone amongs others. Apparently some additional questions were sent over to MCA but, having lost them, he decided to do a visual piece using his amusing stick figures. It's a little hard to quote and still get the effect, so head over for his dialogue monologue.
More information.

Funny as always. He should make a mini cartoon game with those stick figures, great stuff!

:lol: :) :lol:

Very funny... indeed.

I likes the line where he said something about 'I hate rpg codex' - clearly he was being sarcastic :wideeyed: O_O At least I hope so...

It is always a pleasure to look at Chris' drawings and read his comments...

Last edited:
Good to hear CA is involved with character design and writing in NWN2:MotB. We can obviously expect another angst-ridden, probably doomed relationship with a strong-willed and mouthy female NPC ( hagspawn..I like the concept). I wonder what he'll come up with for the Aliens rpg? It would seem to offer some high-level opportunities for cinematic shortcuts--hope we see some good dialogue as well.

"..kids must suffer to grow strong.." so true. ;)

Funny how these comics come from the same guy who wrote that stone slab PST. Both are good fun though.

Chris makes good points on NPCs as walking loot bags and (almost mandatory) romances in video games which seem to have stuck in the BIO/Obdisidian RPG formula.
VD: We are your conscience, Chris. That very loud voice that tells you "You can DEFINITELY do better, so stop fucking around and design something awesome already." Plus our love for you is beautiful and pure. How can you say no to that?
This is pretty much the message I'd like to tell to Obdisian people as well.
aries100: I likes the line where he said something about 'I hate rpg codex' - clearly he was being sarcastic At least I hope so...
He was sarcastic all right. Chris has good history with Codex. :)

That was a blast to read as always ... I do think that a true stick figure game could be great.

I enjoyed that!

I like the ones on his blog where VD comes and stabs him in the back for a second time!! :)

I like the ones on his blog where VD comes and stabs him in the back for a second time!! :)

That whole series is great ... goes to show how effective simple storytelling methods can be :)

Back
Top Bottom