Grey Goo - A New RTS Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Grey Goo is the next RTS game from Petroglyph Games. It's a throw back to the older Command & Conquer games with a simplified building system.

I'm glad for them since after the cancellation of End of Nations the developer was in trouble. I hope this game doesn't share the same fate.:(

Five centuries after humans first left earth, three factions fight to control the lifeblood of a rocky oasis: Ecosystem Nine. It is a world of chaos. Survival depends on the ability to grow, fight—and to evolve.

As commander to one of three factions, your goal is simple: to wage war. To forge machines of battle from catalyst, Nine’s powerful resource—because whoever attains the largest supply has the tightest grip on the future.
Here are a few links.

PC Gamer preview- http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/grey-goo-preview/
Games Webpage- http://greygoo.greybox.com/

Last edited:
Thanks Couchpotato for posting about the game!

Thanks Couchpotato for posting about the game!
Your welcome I enjoyed playing most of the games made by Petroglyph. I'm glad to see another game follow the old school RTS mechanics of Command & Conquer.

Every RTS game developed now seems to follow Relic's Dawn of War games.:brood:

I'm interested in this game too, have both Star Wars: Empire at War and Universe at War: Earth Assault and played all the C&C games too. I remember seeing months ago they trying a project in KS, but sadly was a MP-only game with micro-transactions, and failed to fund.

Last edited:
Update time again and here is a new Preview/Interview video from GmerHub TV.

Petroglyph, the creators of Command & Conquer and Dune II, have a new RTS PC game. Developer Michael Legg explains how Grey Goo raises the strategy bar in this exclusive gameplay preview interview from PAX East.

Hey guys! We're running another t-shirt giveaway for our forum posters:

http://www.greybox.com/greygoo/en/forum/topic/266/

Unfortunately, we still have to keep it within the United States and Canada, but I'm hoping this helps reach some more of you that were interested in the previous giveaway:

Let me know if you have any questions!

- Berek

Here is another video interview from GamerHub TV.

Here is another video for anyone still reading this thread.:)

The latest developer gameplay video of our Closed Alpha test!
Seems development is going steady, and I can't wait to play the final version.

Well since I'm the only one adding to the topic here is another video interview.

Here is another interview since I'm the only one posting. It's a new interview with
with Former C&C Devs now working on Grey GOO about the death of RTS games.

It's been a while since I posted anything about this game in my thread. The game developer Petroglyph posted a new Story Trailer, and Developer Diary.

The young Beta commander, Saruk, recounts the journey of his people from their first venture into the stars to their harsh existence on Ecosystem 9. This is the first Grey Goo video exploring the lore of the game's races and their fight for survival on the new world.

The Grey Goo team talks about getting back to the roots of RTS gaming in this latest dev diary!

Bleh. I want another Age of Empires type of game with more economic management and less sci-fi.

Keep dreaming then as its not going to happen. As all we get are F2P knock-offs, and online browser based games that try to be Age of Empires.

Last edited:
Well I'm back again with a new game-play trailer from GamerHubTV again.

The more I see of this game the more I want to play it.:drool:

I'm actually glad again that a few Ex C&C developers are making the game. Now if only EA would make a proper Command & Conquer game instead of another F2P game.

Back
Top Bottom