upcoming MMO titles...

because its an online game that requires world servers, plus monthly expansions via patches, ect...

Well, we can always hope for expanded content that is oft promised and rarely delivered :)

Some games are great at delivering expanded content, and some arent. Like Asherons Call 1 was great in that regard. So was DAOC. World of Warcraft expanded raids and talent points, not much else.

Actually Age of Conan is doing something somewhat different from traditional mmo's. You see the game starts as a single player rpg. For the first 20 levels. You will have to be connected to their servers but wont be playing with the other players yet. Once you hit level 20 you have the option of continuing on into the mmo where you will then have to pay a monthly fee. But you can play the single player portion, up to level 20, as long and as many times as you want sans subscription.
Ohhhh. I didnt know that.

The only reason that I have high hopes for AoC is because it's from the makers of Anarchy Online. :)

I would have to say, of most interest at this time, it has to be the Bioware MMO.

That, of course, is depending what it is.

I thought that Bethesda had all BUT the rights to the fallout MMO - or have I got this confused with another title?

Looking forward to the Age of Conan MMO as well, if only for the adult setting (something a bit new and fresh), and their take on combat. If they can deliver, sounds like the might have a nice evolution for a pretty stagnant system.

Other than that, Tabula Rasa (not NEARLY enough sci-fi MMOs out there), Warhammer Online (not the biggest fan of Mythic, but they create solid, fun games, and c'mon - it's WARHAMMER!), Lord of the Rings (cause, well, you know...), Vanguard (if only to see if they came anywhere NEAR fulfilling all of their promises), and mostly - Chronicles of Spellborn. What an amazing, refreshing Intellectual Property and spectacular art style, plus it sounds like the story could be downright great.

(Woges, I, too, thought that this was the case with Bethesda and Fallout...could be wrong, though)

Playing WoW, have been for almost two years. Will not get the Addon but rather take the opportunity to play Gothic 3 and probably NWN 2 for a while until...

... until Vanguard comes out. That'll most likely be my next big MMORPG. :) Would like more info though, specifically regarding the classes. But either way it'll be a nice change from WoW's cartoon look.

I have recently been converted to Vanguard. I am definately quitting World of Warcraft for Vanguard. The game is simply too good to let it pass by my radar.

Previously I didnt want to play Vanguard because of the lack of PvP options and what I falsely percieved as "requirement to group." However, I have done some digging and found out that soloing is indeed a viable option.

Also I am really looking forward to the housing options, I saw an E3 video about housing in Vanguard and it is *everything* I ever want in a CRPG game. In fact, housing in Vanguard is better than what it was like in Morrowind (which I loved). I am an item collector in games when possible and I love to have a home in the game, so thats my biggest turn-on with Vanguard.

Plus the game just has everything! (except open PvP, but I will play Darkfall simultaneously for PvP). There is just so much good stuff to say about Vanguard that I am too lazy to say any of it here. Only to say that, yes, I am converted now. So I am placing it on my list.

I think my next big MMO will be the one I create =P

Last edited:
Warhammer Online - Sure to be great PvP (and PvE as well)

Age of Conan - It's Conan! (But it's also Funcom...so it might be utterly broken for the first YEAR it's live)

Tabula Rasa - Has potential...but also has potential to suck. But like someone said...we need more Sci-Fi MMO's

Stargate Worlds - I love the movie & shows. But sadly it'll probably suck or not even get finished.

Lord of the Rings Online - I've never even read the books, but what I've been reading about the game sounds great. Already pre-ordered it.

Vanguard - I know this one is already out...but from what I've been reading about it I sure won't be trying it for at least 3 months. You know...when it's patched up to the point it should have been BEFORE they released it? It's a resource HOG that doesn't even play nice with most bleeding edge machines...oh and it takes up 17 gigs of space on your HD (not that that's gonna get any smaller with patches).

I wouldn't touch a Fallout MMO done by Interplay with a 1000' pole. A post-apocalyptic MMO, hell yes. But Fallout, and/or done by Interplay? No way.

Out of all the upcoming massive online games, the 3 i'm most hoping will be great fun for me are:
1. Pirates of The Burning Sea
2. Warhammer Online
3. Conan

In that order. Good write up just recently in www.mmorpg.com previewing Pirates of The Burning Sea-- sounds like its coming along nicely in beta. It has some unique elements that I think I'd like. Different enough to spark my interest. It would be nice to see another massive online game -not- made by a multi-million $$ company take-off, like Eve Online did. That helps bring innovation to the genre, when smaller dev companies can make it, I think.

Warhammer Online I'm excited about because it's made by Mythic, who made the first mmorpg I fell in love with- Dark Age of Camelot. I loved the first 2 years of that game and spent 12 hours or so a day in realm vs realm combat. The game seems to be giving the players and realms real objectives to pvp over- instead of the current crop of pvp games that bring fights together just for fighting-sake. That's pointless in my opinion. I want to fight over territories, objects, etc that give the winner something tangible. Warhammer Online will provide such content.

Then Conan, which I'll try if the above two games end of sucking. Will be refreshing to play a game that's rating "M" and might have content a bit more interesting than stuff written for some annoying kid. heh.

This is what I'm playing:
Guild Wars : EN
Silk Road

And here are the MMOs Im looking forward to !

1. HellGate: London
2. Fury
3. Aion
4. Guild Wars 2
5. Cry Gaia

I'm making no arguments about HellGate : London in an interview with one the developers he made it very clear that it has massive multi player aspects. It counts as an MMO :p ! they just don't tag it that because they are aiming at Ex-Diablo people who are worried its gonna be like WoW. Its a Hack and Slash RPG FPS 3rd Person MMO !

Last edited:
Right now I am playing World of Warcraft and EVE Online.

Previously I was looking into Colony Studios MMO called Universe Online until I watched a video of their space combat and control scheme... I crossed them off my list, it looks like total shit.

Fury should be coming in beginning of October, I am buying that one.

Also, Star Trek Online is being taken OFF my list. I dont really care about that one since I vehemently disagree with its design decisions. Also seems to be in pre-production limbo...

I am adding a new game to the list: Immortal Destiny, which has a lot of features similar to Darkfall, which is very much encouraging for this genre in design-innovation ways. Its very early in development cycle though, in pre-production. http://www.immortaldestiny.com/

I am interested in the Zenimax MMO, parent company of Bethesda. Maybe Elder Scrolls Online? We wont know for some time... I kinda hope NOT, Elder Scrolls should stay single-player only, in my book.

Trials of Ascension is removed from my list since its pretty much cancelled due to its developers losing funding / running dry out of money. Its sad.

I am watching with an eye on game at http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/ called Secret World.

Vanguard Saga of Heroes isnt my can of beer. So its off my list.

World of Darkness MMO is put on my list. But it comes out in... like... 2010-2012?

I am watching 38-Studios for more details of their MMO. Very excited due to its team members and having read its design philosophies.

Theres also going to be a Warhammer 40k MMO at some point...

So here is my up-to-date list:

-- Darkfall Online (my baby)
-- 38-Studios MMO (confirmed to be a fantasy MMO)
-- Unleash the Fury
-- Bioware MMO (Forgotten Realms Online? or possibly Star Wars Jedi MMO?)
-- Heros Journey (very iffy, but they have a nice engine)
-- Age of Conan
-- Stargate Worlds
-- Warhammer Online
-- World of Darkness MMO
-- Immortal Destiny (similar features to Darkfall)
-- Zenimax MMO (maybe Elder Scrolls Online?)
-- Warhammer 40k MMO (eventually...)
-- Secret World (modern Earth MMO)
-- Red-5 Studios MMORPG (fantasy)

:D

Last edited:
Planning to get Guild Wars: Eye of the North soon. It is available but my cash is not. lol

Cm, you must like PvP, eh. I love PvP, its soooo awesome and fun..

-- adding Red-5 Studios project to my list...

I've pre-ordered Fury, a gladitorial PvP MMO. It comes out the 16th of October.

I think the new WoW expansion is going to get me back in the game.. Lately I've been missing Azeroth, so with the next patch that's supposed to boost XP for the 1-60 range and then the new areas (I'm a sucker for snowy environments), yeah, I'll be back.

*sigh*

I'm actually wanting for WoW in a way lately. I havent seen the Burning Crusade, and Ive been able to resist thus far, but the whole freakin awesome sounding Arthas bizness just may be my achilles heel.

I have a lv 60 awaiting me, I just need to spend a week updating, cutting all social ties, and it's on babayy.

I wish we had the momentum to make a RPGwatch WoW guild, I think that would be really cool. Then I'd play for sure, I think we'd make a pretty cool guild. I dont think that could ever happen tho because of our time zone issues.

Back
Top Bottom