BioWare's New IP

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I'll just keep it short as I'm tired right now, and have been awake for over 30hrs.
In a panel at PAX East, Mass Effect executive producer Casey Hudson has given some details about the next entry in the series. Okay, so ‘details’ might be a little strong. ‘Vague hints of the studio’s development plans’ is probably closer to the mark. Hudson did, however, also give a similarly cryptic teaser about the existence of a brand new fictional universe being developed by BioWare Edmonton.

“We are starting to get ready to develop another Mass Effect game, and it’s going to be a new thing,” Hudson said. “We want to be able to give fans an opportunity to get back into the world with these things you’ve come to know and love about the Mass Effect experience but start something fresh and new — a new way for you to explore the whole universe in Mass Effect.”

Production of the next Mass Effect game is taking place at BioWare Montreal, with the Edmonton-based Hudson keeping his executive producer role. That frees up the Edmonton team to work on something entirely new. “We are developing a whole new fictional universe at BioWare for myself and Preston [Watamaniuk, Mass Effect's lead designer]. That’s kind of our next thing,” Hudson said. “We’re focusing on building something new the way we did at the very beginning on Mass Effect.”

I'm a little excited to see what there new Ip will be. Hopefully BioWare Montreal can at least create a decent ME game. There dlc wasn't bad but nothing great either.

Link-http://www.bluesnews.com/s/140189/bioware_s-new-ip

Please do bring the usual opinions added with the hate of course.;) Don't forget the hate and disappointment. I mean it.

Not enough to go on here to be excited or disappointed, but it should be worth paying attention to. At least until we know more about it.

10 shoot
20 shoot
30 shoot
40 watch cutscene
50 click on good or evil choice
60 Goto 10.

The most important thing needs more details.

10 shoot
20 shoot
30 shoot
40 watch cutscene
50 start talking
60 if clicked on good or evil choice
70 then pretend it has some impact on the game
80 else have yucktalk/sex with someone/something
90 end talk
100 Goto 10

Several years ago i would be excited about a new IP by Bioware. Not anymore.

It´ll probably be a breath of fresh air among all the oldschool stuff that´ll begin grace the market shortly.

Why does it have to be a new IP? Why can it be a new Jade Empire game?

*sigh*

Why does it have to be a new IP? Why can it be a new Jade Empire game?

*sigh*

I second this notion. I still replay Jade Empire occasionally. Personally I wouldn't mind more rpg's set in classic historical settings or fiction.

Back
Top Bottom