Perhaps its time to stop covering Bioware

Keep covering Bioware imo, it's nice to have something to giggle at. Like, their recent attempts at crpg's =p. I'm predicting much more giggleworthiness from their direction in '12!

-Carn

You should read Bioware forum to understand their core market.

Good luck disproving these guys that what Bioware is making isn't RPG anymore. But their justification is pathetic at best. XD I gotta say, even though ME isn't much of RPG - I still enjoy the shooty bits and Shepard over the top action scenes. Let's hope they don't screw up in the finale by introducing Merrill in space.

Then hand over your list.

Should the staff prepare an appendix to every newsbit saying "Now approved by darkling !" ?

JemyM never accepted my QTE battle challenge so nothing has been decided!

My spacebar and right mouse button are ready for the flashing icons and bars accompanying epic cinematics!

Random aside: Why does The Witcher 2 get a pass for all its shitty QTE sequences when every other QTE-laden nightmare is regarded as a QTE-nightmare?

Random aside: Why does The Witcher 2 get a pass for all its shitty QTE sequences when every other QTE-laden nightmare is regarded as a QTE-nightmare?

A pass from whom? I remember that mechanic being panned by a couple people, myself included. I still recall fumbling around with that monster in the first chapter for a couple hours because I continuously missed the brief QTE instruction. Nevertheless, it's generally forgivable, because of the other quality aspects of the game.

Actually SWTOR is easily better than WoW. I love it. Excellent story and actually very fun considering it is an MMO.

Wathlandia wants to stop covering Bioware? May this mean *gasp* KKKodexia was right all along?

Good to know. I love being right about stuffies.

Actually SWTOR is easily better than WoW. I love it. Excellent story and actually very fun considering it is an MMO.

It is much better its a mix of the goold old kotor with a interisting story for each character class and a classic wow clone. Theres really a lot to do, even shooter sequences , and i dont remember a mmo in better shape with so much content at release.
However outside the storyline quest, its always go fetch x , kill y , full voiced with cinematic, yes but it gets boring very fast. I ended up skipping most quests and just doing the xp in pvp. Hutt ball is really an interisting concept, and dare to say fun.
After the garbage that was dragon age 2, its a good surprise.
Now for mass effect 3 i dont see why you should cover it, its gear of war with dialogue choices more than likely.Strangely i dont see very good titles like dark souls covered by the watch, although considerably superior as a rpg than latest bioware games.

SWTOR has indeed a good story and good writing, but the gameplay is the same inane WoW stuff as ever. I can't understand for the life of me how some people can spend most of their waking time walking 15 minutes between objectives and staring at refreshing skill icons to spam the same few ones over and over again. My head starts feeling like it will pop after 2 hours in. Not to mention that the environments are always based on the same pattern of camp, path, plain, camp, path, plain.... the quests no matter how well disguised, are always just go meet x, activate x switches, bring me x stuff... this is supposed to be fun?

It feels really awkward, it feels like constantly switching abruptly between WoW and KOTOR, and not in a good way.

Also are there completely separate storylines for the sith and the jedi?

The only game with that sort of gameplay I enjoyed was Everquest 2, because at least there was much more variety and complexity in the environments and a much bigger focus on wonder and exploration, instead of just prettying up the same boring three quest patterns over and over again.

The difference is that we never say anything good about them!

Oh, wai...

Gee, move along. Alright.

Stop covering any first person or single player character game as if it were an RPG. Let the Superbowl ads be the marketing for these garbagefests.

A pass from whom? I remember that mechanic being panned by a couple people, myself included. I still recall fumbling around with that monster in the first chapter for a couple hours because I continuously missed the brief QTE instruction.

Same here. I enjoyed the first Witcher game quite a bit more than the second..

Back
Top Bottom