Bioshock - Activation Revoke Tool

Dhruin

SasqWatch
2k Games is now offering a Bioshock Activation Revoke Tool:
For those of you who would like to revoke one of your activation credits before uninstalling BioShock from your PC, the BioShock Revoke Tool is now available and will help you do just that!
Below is a quick FAQ to help you decide if you need the revoke tool, and how to use it. You can also download the full instruction set included in the ReadMe for instructions on how to properly use the BioShock Revoke Tool.
More information.

Yes, in case you didn't know you need a second tool to remove the *null* entries which try to remain in your Application Data\Securom folder, even though you uninstalled Bioshock and this is just what we know about. ;)

The tool to remove *nulls* is called Unlocker.

"Note: The Revoke Tool will not remove SecuROM. It is designed to revoke a BioShock license from one computer for future use on another computer"

This was at the bottom of the Bioshock faq. Removing secuRom screwed my Company Of Heroes install so I have 4 Securom entries in my registry that must stay. My Company Of Heroes game was a year old but now requires internet to play since patch 2.101. Activation seems here to stay and is being added to old games. No matter, when it gets too complicated to PC game I'm taking up bowling. Bowling balls don't crash to desktop or need expensive upgrades or phone home.

This was at the bottom of the Bioshock faq. Removing secuRom screwed my Company Of Heroes install so I have 4 Securom entries in my registry that must stay. My Company Of Heroes game was a year old but now requires internet to play since patch 2.101. Activation seems here to stay and is being added to old games. No matter, when it gets too complicated to PC game I'm taking up bowling. Bowling balls don't crash to desktop or need expensive upgrades or phone home.

Hurts more than a mouse when you drop one on your toe, though.

Back
Top Bottom