The War Z

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Just curious if anyone here has played this. Steam has it on sale right now, and I thought it looked kind of neat. "Open-world zombie survival horror" sounds cool, but the review scores are abysmal. Is it really as bad as people say it is?

I don't normally do MMOs, but I was watching a guy play solo on YouTube, and it looked like something I could get into.

Not played it but the low score was due to the false advertising of the game features at launch. If you like the theme of the game, then I am sure other people would recommend DayZ (standalone) which will be released shortly, or if you can't wait, then play the DayZ Arma2 mod.

i'd stay a long way from warz.. just google 'war z scandal' and you'll know why :D
myself i'm waiting for dayz standalone.

The War Z ripped off zombies from the Walking Dead TV series and they got in trouble for that also. This game has been getting a lot of hate and they had to shut it down for a bit. People that paid money for it early are really pissed off.

I was hoping to give it a try like last October but people said it was a gank fest and rampant cheating. Plus, game was not even close to being done and they charged money for early beta.

I can also recommend Day Z. The mood and atmosphere was really great. It had the most horrible inventory system Ive ever seen in a game though. I hope the alpha is nothing like the finished product in that department.

Back
Top Bottom