Dead State - Q&A Thread

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We posted last week about the Dead State Ask the Developers thread on the Iron Tower forums - of course, now there are a bunch of answers from Brian Mitsoda so head over and take a look. Here's a sample about their Kickstarter status:
Two Kickstarter-related questions:
Have you decided on your funding target for Kickstarter?
Yes, we have. It's reasonable without leaving us too little breathing room. We've also planned out budgets/teams for if we make 200% or 300% of our goal.

What are your plans if the Kickstarter drive is a massive success, or conversely, if it is a massive failure?
If it's a massive success, we'll hire on more people to full-time contracts and expand the team. If it's a failure, it's likely we'll have to move to a different funding structure and the game will take longer.

Also: have you decided upon a rough date to start the kickstarter?
Yup. We've got a schedule we're working on. We've done the budget, 99% certain on the tiers, and we know what we want to show off. We're finishing up a few tasks so we can cut the trailer and do other promotional material. When the whole team signs off on the trailer, we'll start doing a press push and launch the trailer and Kickstarter.

And: if you get a higher amount of money from the kickstarter, will you reconsider adding cover mechanics?
I don't know if we can promise to add new systems at this point - it really does add more than you think. Maps, combat systems, animations all need to be tweaked to address one new system. If we get additional personnel because of better than expected funding, they're going to be working on polishing the game and finishing implementing the content faster.
More information.

Eagerly anticipating more info. It is time for the indies to pick up the slack ;)

Looking forward to this one. Hope their Kickstarter goes well. I couldn't wait to give them my money, so my unborn son already has an "Mmm, bison..." bib. :p

Couldn't wait for the pre-order for Age of Deecadence, either. Needed a new mousepad, so my new one sports the Iron Tower Studio logo.

Thanks GBG. Looks great!

But umm, don't the portraits already look a bit Zombieish or what :anxious:
sheesh give us a chance at least ;)

Looks good. Action points make me happy.

Art style is definitely attractive,now I wonder if we will see this game be the end of the year.

This is probably doubtful. It seems that development was not constant as they had to work on paying projects for some time to pay the bills.

At least after a successful Kickstarter they will be able to devote their time completely on development and even hire new members...

I really beleived this game was never going to see the light of day. Kickstarter changes the playing feild a bit.

Back
Top Bottom