What games are you playing now?

Star Wars should be about Rebels shooting stormtroopers, dagnabbit! We didn't have none of this fancy lightsabery sith stuff back in my day. *crotchety old man muttering*

Well, I'm one of the "OT people" as well, but SWTOR is the best thing we can get for now … ;)

And it imho really feels quite good - except the helmet designs. I often wonder what kind of weed the helmet designers had been smoking …

If you want to see what designs there are, then just go to "TOR Fashion" ;) - this is a very good site listing various armor sets …

Star Wars should be about Rebels shooting stormtroopers, dagnabbit! We didn't have none of this fancy lightsabery sith stuff back in my day. *crotchety old man muttering*

I dunno ... I loved me some lightsabery action back in 1997 ... :)

While I'm not too fond of all that lightsaber stuff myself, I - despite being an old geezer myself - strongly disagree with the rest of your post:

Star Wars should be all about Stormtroopers shooting Rebels!

I never liked this rag-tag band of 'Alliance' terrorists, not even when I was a 11 years old kid who was *supposed* to like them because the movie makers wanted it that way.

For me, playing SWTOR as a Republic Trooper is nearly as much fun as was playing TIE Fighter back then ... if not more fun. After all, TIE Fighter was a flight sim, and I hate playing flight sims. Just played it because it allowed me to be a TIE pilot, and I liked the story.

So there. Come and join us on the Vanjervalis Chain server if you dare ^^.

Gasp! Sacrilege!

It's been too long to remember the details, but in one of the early missions in TIE Fighter you have to hang around for a good while for some reason or other, and there's a corvette slowly passing through your sector. Once, just once, in my tiny, basic, unshielded TIE fighter I managed to whittle it down all the way to 1% hull, only to have it escape into hyperspace as I started my final pass. I've always wondered how they explained all the damage. :p

Ah, TIE Fighter … GReat memories … :)
My version of the game was one that contained German text, but English voice-acting … That was normal at that time : Until the German voice-acting was fully recorded, they just sold the game this way … So now until this day, Imperial Offiocers always have this British English accent … ;)

I just loved it when in the midst of a battle suddenly the mission got changed ! :D

Regarding Vanjervalis Chain : This is an German-speaking server. Unfortunately there is a chance that someone who writes in English in the General Chat receives hostile replies. There is quite a number of players who just don't want English-speaking folks on a German-speaking server, I don't know why. In fact, this behaviour ashames me every time I see it. :(
But of course there is also quite a number of players who just don't care ;) or even defend Foreigners.

After finishing Bioshock:Infinite I started playing Perspective, strange mix between 2D platformer and first person puzzler.Game is completely free.Here is trailer.
Design of puzzles is good altho so far game isn't particularity hard.I would definitively recommend it.

Last edited:
I'm playing a lot of Far Cry 3 - world rank #58 at this moment.

Still playing Guild Wars 2 - and I'm still having fun. But I don't have much time these days, and I've never enjoyed playing games when I don't have a lot of time available - so I end up not playing much at all.

I go from game to game - and recently I've been playing a bit of Dark Souls (trying to get into it, but can't) and some Borderlands 2 which isn't grabbing me either.

There's nothing too exciting on the immediate horizon, so I guess it's going to be a quiet period for a while.

I've finished my Dark Brotherhood run through Skyrim and I'm about to dive into Dragonborn. Unfortunately, after a bit of an odd ini reset my game's become a bit unstable and generally weird, so I might have to reinstall, remod, and start fresh before I can do that. I quite like my necrollusionist, so that would be a bit of a shame.

Menigal thanks for that input, I actually had some second thoughts should I buy DLC before I replay it… Obviously that's now out of the question.

Menigal thanks for that input, I actually had some second thoughts should I buy DLC before I replay it… Obviously that's now out of the question.

Dragonborn had nothing to do with it, and it stabilised once I reapplied some of my graphics packs. So far what I've seen of it is excellent. The fact that it's been playing nothing but the Morrowind music while I've been there really adds to the nostalgia.

Skyrim temptations must be resisted. Now that my DVD drive is working (yay!), I'll be installing and playing Gothic (for the first time), in parallel with Realms of the Haunting and the occasional round of ME3 MP.

I've finished my Dark Brotherhood run through Skyrim and I'm about to dive into Dragonborn. Unfortunately, after a bit of an odd ini reset my game's become a bit unstable and generally weird, so I might have to reinstall, remod, and start fresh before I can do that. I quite like my necrollusionist, so that would be a bit of a shame.

Had you changed your ugridstoload setting? Changing the ugrids setting by setting it higher than later having it changed back down (as in what the default inis would have) can cause significant issues.

Playing Minecraft, breeding horses, donkeys and mules. Dang, this so reminds me of my time in school when genetics was my favorite subject :D.

Recently my group went deep into Arma II coop. When mods are considered seem to offer more fun than we had anticipated. In it's core Arma II is a realistic military simulator, complete with a ton of weapons and vehicles. But with the mods it can be turned into a Zombie-slasher, a World-War II game, a Vietnam game, anti-terrorism or anti-narcotics. With the play withSIX launcher you can download and select the game's total conversion mods that makes it feel like several games in one.

Dragonborn had nothing to do with it, and it stabilised once I reapplied some of my graphics packs. So far what I've seen of it is excellent. The fact that it's been playing nothing but the Morrowind music while I've been there really adds to the nostalgia.

Nothing in Skyrim is excellent. Except the music, okay.

Skyrim temptations must be resisted.

I'd agree on that if I didn't put it on "to replay" list a year and half after the release… Hoping it'll finally and officially get polished in the meantime.

But I could postpone it and replay something else… Gothics, no, I've replayed 2 and 3 recently. Any other suggestion? With a big world to explore? Hmm… DA:O comes in mind… Dunno…

Back
Top Bottom