Europa Universalis IV - Preorder Bonus DLC Plans

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Paradox Forums has details on how Paradox will be offering the preorder bonuses for Europa Universalis IV after the release.

Pack descriptions and prices are as follows:

Europa Universalis IV: Digital Extreme Upgrade - $7.99
Stars and Crescent Pack
Horsemen of the Crescent Unit Pack
Conquest of Constantinople Music Pack

Europa Univesalis IV: Pre-order DLC Pack - $6.99
100 Years War Unit Pack
The Purple Phoenix Expansion

Europa Universalis IV: Call to Arms Pack - $3.99
Winged Hussars Pack
National Monuments Pack

Crusader Kings II: Europa Universalis IV converter - $9.99
* copy of Crusader Kings II base game is not included
You heard them pre-order it now or pay later.

More information.

Last edited:
That... adds up to quite a bit...

Are they really going to charge almost 30$ for that stuff?!

Keep in mind, most of this is entirely cosmetic. There are maybe a few events in the Purple Phoenix DLC and the Stars and Crescents pack, but we're talking a few against the hundreds+ that are already in the game. The Crusader Kings 2 => EU4 converter, while certainly neat, is several degrees of required for any but the most die hard CK2+EU4 fans, and they'll probably be preordering anyway. Of course, you can probably wait a few months and buy it all for a song.

I'm not super jazzed by all this preordering DLC, but, if I wasn't preordering, I probably would skip most of it anyway, and pick up a few pieces for a dollar or two at sale time.

Yeah, I'll be waiting for a sale on this myself.
Way too occupied with CK2 still, at the moment, not to mention I have a huge backlog, so not too rushed to get this.

Yesterday I ran an observer mode of CK2 from the viking era to the start of EU4 so I can import it (when I got to bed it was around year 1280). The Holy Roman Empire never formed so I wonder if that means there won't be an Empire in EU4 or if it will do it from the different countries in the area. Also the muslims south of Spain looked really strong and at one point controlled like 90% of the peninsula (they still do but they're fragmented in different factions now)

limzMiN.jpg

EDIT: Actually guess the northwest Africa muslims were in some sort of civil war when I took the first screenshot. 3 years later and now they're back to normal.
lM5fV1F.jpg

Last edited:
Is it still around 1280? Still around 150 years to go. So many things to happen.

How many crusades did you witness? Does not look there's been a lot going.

One of my favorite things about these games is how differently the world can turn out. My game in 1278 looks massively different.

How the hell did the green one get half of France ? Assassinated the king while having the heir there ?

I'm going to start a new game in The Old Gods tonight and take a screenshot every year (or few years), then see if I can make a video of it. All I would need to figure out how to do is how to stitch 600 pics into a movie and how to change the speed at which it changes, to have a good evolution :D

It would be funny to see I think.

Unless this is built-in already ?

I'm going to start a new game in The Old Gods tonight and take a screenshot every year (or few years), then see if I can make a video of it. All I would need to figure out how to do is how to stitch 600 pics into a movie and how to change the speed at which it changes, to have a good evolution :D

It would be funny to see I think.

Unless this is built-in already ?

Might be a bit dry without some commentary.

How the hell did the green one get half of France ? Assassinated the king while having the heir there ?

I'm more amused by what appears to be Ireland not only conquering Scotland but also apparently holding territories in Scandinavia and what is the north of present day Turkey.

In both games, the muslim world went strong. They ate the Bizantine Empire.

It happened in none of my games. In my last game, the muslims even lost control over the Mecca.

My game is at 1413 right now (where is EU4 start, 1449?). Big blobs are going to make it tough I think, the Byzantine empire, the golden horde, the Timurids in Persia/Arabia, and the muslims in north Africa/Spain will probably be a tough nut to crack, maybe even the Swedes…
pplwEVy.jpg

If it continues like this, I might play as the Idrisids (occupying what would be Portugal in the map) and colonize America bringing the religion of Alah to those infidels!

ADD:
Well, this is it! November 10th 1444, the same day in our universe where the last crusaders were crushed by the Turks killing the last chance the Byzantines could have had, in my alternate universe the Byzantine empire is very much alive. The north african Farukid and the Timurid empires crumbled into pieces…
B2hiYLv.jpg

So I'm thinking I'll play the Idrisid sultanate, take the iberian peninsula and colonize America, all for Alah!

Last edited:
These maps look cool. What is that, Crusader Knights? i thought about getting that. Then I thought I already have mor RPGs than I can play, maybe I shouldn't start with strategy games. But it looks really neat.

These maps look cool. What is that, Crusader Knights?

Yeah it's Crusader Kings 2, but most of their games have maps like this, just much much larger in the EU series.

I'm more amused by what appears to be Ireland not only conquering Scotland but also apparently holding territories in Scandinavia and what is the north of present day Turkey.

Well that's quite a bit easier to explain, I'm playing as Ireland. Once I figured out how to get a foothold on the big island (war with Scotland), any hopes for the United Kingdom and England was pretty much doomed. The Turkey area, which I highly doubt I'll actually be able to hold, was my prize for participating in my first crusade. In hindsight, I wish I'd have held off and gotten involved when they took all that land from France. Would have been much easier to hold and given me a beach head to use to invade Spain and maybe eventually, North Africa. The spot in Scandinavia was a completely unexpected fluke from a marriage and eventual inheritance.

These maps look cool. What is that, Crusader Knights? i thought about getting that. Then I thought I already have mor RPGs than I can play, maybe I shouldn't start with strategy games. But it looks really neat.

My recommendation if you have never played EU game before start with EU:Rome it's lite game compared to most of EU games but still decently complex game, and very fun.

EU Rome is light, but, IMO, it's also one of the least polished in the series. Also, playing now, it's buggy and looks terrible. It's pretty amazing to compare CK2 and EU:RG (that G is for Gold, as I'm including the expansion Vae Victis), as the former is just lightyears better in almost every respect.

I get the idea. EU Rome is maybe slightly easier to get into with similar mechanics, but I would never recommend it over any of the other games in the series (CK2, EU3/4, Vicky 2... HoI is for wargamers, so I don't count that)

Well just from the time period, and the focus on leaders / dynasties, I think CK2 sounds like the one I'd be most interested in. It's still €40 on steam though, guess I might put it on the watchlist.
On a sidenote: Did they go nuts with DLC or what!?!

Back
Top Bottom