Two Worlds II - New Screens

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Zuxxez and Reality Pump have released four new new Two Worlds II screens after a period of relative quiet. Check out the screens at CVG and here's the accompanying press release:
Four new screenshots from Antaloor showcase the swamp

Las Vegas, October 19th 2009
– It’s time again to return to the world of Antaloor. Fulfill your carnal curiosity by checking out four brand new screens directly from the RPG masterpiece, “Two Worlds II.” The game’s developers, Reality Pump, have created a revolutionary new engine called GRACE, and these screen shots give testimony to the engine’s capabilities.

A trip to the swamps will demonstrate the breathtaking experience that Two Worlds II has to offer. The result of Reality Pump’s extensive technical development, the game’s environment has been painstakingly created to fully immerse the player into the Antaloorian universe. For example, the marshy ground sucks at the character’s feet hindering his movement more so then if he was on dry land. Additionally, dynamic sounds have been constructed to further demonstrate the game’s attention to detail. When the hero steps into the marshy ground, he will hear a terrifyingly disgusting squishing noise that will make the player cringe with delight.

Luckily, there are many wooden paths and stakes placed throughout the swamp, which will allow the player to traverse the treacherous terrain with more ease. However, whether you can use the comfortable paths and bridges without paying a toll depends on the disposition of the local residents – and you better believe that “Have a good day!” does not pass their lips on a regular basis. But let’s face it…would you be bubblin’ over with joy if you had to wake up every day to drizzling rain and tendril of swamp mist?
More information.

"The result of Reality Pump’s extensive technical development, the game’s environment has been painstakingly created to fully immerse the player into the Antaloorian universe. For example, the marshy ground sucks at the character’s feet hindering his movement more so then if he was on dry land."

If such small details actually exist in the final game, then bravo. I am playing King's Bounty at the moment, and for a simple top down game it actually has more detail in the environment than most overhyped games (even boring one's, like Gears of War.. not a top-down but still, THE BUDGET comparison).

I really enjoyed the gameplay in Two Worlds, a perfect blend of Gothic 3 and Oblivion (more Gothic, which is a good thing). But the ending left me more pissed off than the crappy duke out between two King Kong's at the end of Oblivion.

Hopefully they will fix that issue with this game (that is, the storyline). As far as graphics are concerned, I can see some new shaders here and there but still, blurry textures thanks to console porting but wth, getting used to that (hopefully idTech 5 will change that).

Also, this game was still better than sitting through Oblivion. It's not like both games had revolutionary story or characters..

I liked the first game a lot, not being heavily story-driven and being a more open world. The armour sets were really beautiful. Combining items was fun but felt a bit like cheating. :) Also i found the combat on horse to be really fun.

Keeping an eye on this one, good to hear it's still moving along.

Just finished the first one, on the 360. Enjoyed it more than I expected, despite the inept narrative and all the performance issues. Hopefully they'll take all the criticisms to heart and really do it right with #2.

I'm expecting good things from this one. Is there a release date set?

I'm expecting good things from this one. Is there a release date set?

Nope. Originally projected Fall 09, then pushed back to Feb '10, but never an official announcement about a release date. Still waiting for that.

Back
Top Bottom