Wildman - Kickstarter Cancelled - Gas Powered Games Might Still Survive

aries100

SasqWatch
Chris Taylor from Gas Powered Games has updated Wildman's Kickstarter page with the news that tke Kickstarter campaign for this now is cancelled. His focus is now on other ways to save Gas Powered Games:
Greetings Kickstarters. We have some news today. We are canceling the Wildman Kickstarter.At this point, it makes sense for us to focus our attention on other ways to keep Gas Powered Games running. Unfortunately, we are unable to share any specifics in public. When we have news to share, we will be posting it on our site. If you want status updates, or if you want to continue discussing Wildman and/or this Kickstarter, please consider migrating over to forums.gaspowered.com.
More information.

Wow, 500k offered but it was still half of what was needed.

For these high end high profile KS's I think there needs to be some re-thinking of how the marketing works.

$1m could be a stretch goal for example. Why KS instead of Indiegogo for example. The $8k that Cleve got is $8k more than Shaker.

I've always thought that asking for 1 million US dollars in a month was way to much for this game; a goal of about 450,000 or 500,000 US dollars had been much more realistic. And after this, Chris could have set a goal for 750,000 US dollars, and then another goal and so on and so on.

I've always thought that asking for 1 million US dollars in a month was way to much for this game; a goal of about 450,000 or 500,000 US dollars had been much more realistic. And after this, Chris could have set a goal for 750,000 US dollars, and then another goal and so on and so on.

But what if he needed more than a million to make that game. If he asks for half and then doesn't get a million what would he do? Make a lesser game? Admit that he lied?

I much prefer him to be honest up front, I don't want to support a kickstarter only to find out the game is going to be much less than I signed up for.

he could have leveraged the cash into further investments.

But it's just the nature of sales. 1m could have been a stretch goal and as they met and passed the 500k mark the excitement could have them closer to it.

It may seem honest but at the end but now he doesn't even have the 500k let alone 1m. 500k - 1m - a zero here, a zero there, either way its a lot of money.

Anyone think this isn't going to be restarted? I think he might get 400k next time.

Simply couldn't see me supporting a game with the main goal: "hordes of enemies". Or main quest. You pick it.

Obviously, I was not alone.

If it gets revamped, still won't join in but can wish them GL with future projects.

Something inside me is glad/ reassured that this didn't succeed where Shaker, Thorvalla and Ars Magica failed.

Shaker probably failed because of bad PR when they publically said Romero is in the team. IMO that should have been kept secret till the last day.
But if that one gets restarted, I'm pledging definetly. Unless it comes in december...

Back
Top Bottom