GOG - RPG Weekend

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
But sadly system shock 2 is not included :(

And even more sadly, Forsaken Gods is. Luckily you can uncheck any of them you don't want though. Still... ew...

SS2 is a new release, that's why. But cmon, 10€ is already a great price.

From all titles I don't have Geneforges and Darklands and somehow, am not interested into any of them. Forsaken Gods I'd buy only to my worst enemy.

Still I will spend some money - I do have Septerra Core, but not digital version and although it was a great game it wasn't popular enough back then - it got released the same year with PS:T. :(

SS2 is a new release, that's why. But cmon, 10€ is already a great price.

From all titles I don't have Geneforges and Darklands and somehow, am not interested into any of them. Forsaken Gods I'd buy only to my worst enemy.

Still I will spend some money - I do have Septerra Core, but not digital version and although it was a great game it wasn't popular enough back then - it got released the same year with PS:T. :(

Yeah Septerra Core is a really good and often overlooked one. I usually can't stand JRPG-style games, but I really enjoyed that one. That is to say once I got around the game breaking bugs in the release version.

Yeah Septerra Core is a really good and often overlooked one. I usually can't stand JRPG-style games, but I really enjoyed that one. That is to say once I got around the game breaking bugs in the release version.

Got the old boxed copy somewhere and got the digital one on GOG already. great game.

None of these games ever interested me but you say that Septura Core is actually good? Is it a Western RPG with a JRPG face or good JRPG then?

Be aware that (unless it has changed) Septerra Core is broken on Win8. Curse you MS and your cheap game-breaking upgrades.

It is, however, a great game, but became a bit of a chore later on going back and forth across levels with endless (pointless) battles. I gave up around 75%, but went back later and finished it. The story/world is very interesting, and the characters are an interesting bunch.

None of these games ever interested me but you say that Septura Core is actually good? Is it a Western RPG with a JRPG face or good JRPG then?

It's a good JRPG-style game created by a western developer. It's pretty much a faithful attempt at making a JRPG style game, except without so much of the pretentious self-satisfied pontification that one not inclined to like JRPGs might associate with them after playing some of the more famous examples.

Think anyone who hasn't played Darklands should give it go. Although, it *looks* pretty awful on my 1080p monitor, wish I had an old CRT hanging around for DOS box games.

It's a good JRPG-style game created by a western developer. It's pretty much a faithful attempt at making a JRPG style game, except without so much of the pretentious self-satisfied pontification that one not inclined to like JRPGs might associate with them after playing some of the more famous examples.

Indeed, therefore just started to play it.
Septerra Core has a very low resolution though. Any way to get it to play in a bit higher resolution?

Anyway, I've (re)bought Septerra Core and looking forward to replay it, I still remember stumbling upon some hidden areas once you grab the ship. Also I remember that back then I saw in files that there was an escape card, dunno if it's possible to get that one in the game at all and what's it used for. And lollygagging in a populated area with different party members often gains some nice items. Etc etc… Hell I dunno why I haven't replayed it for so long - it was just gathering dust on the shelf all this time...

So is Septerra Core any good? - was somewhat put off by the fact that the res is only 640x480 (according to gamespot), which tends to be either a postage stamp in native mode or very pixellated when stretched.

It's an old game with dated graphics and low quality quicktime cutscenes, but you'll forgive the looks as the story will lure you in. It's a rare mobrespawning game I loved. But mobs respawn only when you exit the area and reenter it, they don't appear from the thin air all the time like for example in inquisitor.

Never forget to check stores and upgrade your items! Also make sure you explore everything as some cards are hidden.

So is Septerra Core any good? - was somewhat put off by the fact that the res is only 640x480 (according to gamespot), which tends to be either a postage stamp in native mode or very pixellated when stretched.

Playing now (never played it again).
Have to say it takes a bit of time to get use to it but i like it so far.
Its jrpg and wrpg blended.

Grabbed it myself and while I'm enjoying it, the controls are certainly not all that intuitive. I nearly died in my first fight trying to figure out HOW to fight. Once I sorted out the UI, the game became much better!! :)

Grabbed it myself and while I'm enjoying it, the controls are certainly not all that intuitive. I nearly died in my first fight trying to figure out HOW to fight. Once I sorted out the UI, the game became much better!! :)

haha, same here !
enjoying the game quite a bit now :)

Back
Top Bottom