Risen 3: Titan Lords - Interview @ Worldsfactory

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Worldsfactory inteviewed Piranha Bytes at GamesCom to talk about Risen 3.

The main character is different from Risen2, is that correct?

Yes, that is correct. The protagonist of Risen 3: Titan Lords is a new character. As you can notice is physically different from the previous one, because in Risen 3 it describes the story of a new hero who must face the Titans

Is the engine the same of Risen 2?

The graphics engine is that of Risen 2, but modified. We are dedicated to improving the management of lights and shadows, we have improved textures and we tried to make all areas of the game very immersive.

Compared to Risen 2 there is also a lot more variety of environments, depending on the geographical location of the place you’re going to explore.

Is the physics engine “homemade”? Is physics also applied to elements? I mean, if it’s raining and I summon a fireball, does it lose effectiveness?

Yes, the physics engine is “homemade”. But we have not applied physics to elements. The effectiveness of a fireball is determined by a system of resistance to the fire element; each enemy will have a different resistance.
More information.

if it’s raining and I summon a fireball
The interviewer played Original Sin obviously. I just wish this same question they dared to ask Bioware in that let's praise Frostbyte PR crap like the engine matters and not developers behind the game (another thread).

Anyone asked PB why they used new main character in R3?

Anyone asked PB why they used new main character in R3?

Answer here (in German)

Björn Pankratz:
We realized that we needed a fresh breeze for the story, to be free to play [with a new character]. We thought long on a new interesting story about a character that we wanted to tell.
So it was obvious to take [create] a new character.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom