Cosmic Star Heroine - A New Sci-Fi/Spy RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Cosmic Star Heroine is another kickstartrer asking for $100,000 to release on the
PC/Mac/PS4/Vita. It's describded as a turn-based RPG , and inspired by Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star, and Suikoden. Bold words indeed so check it out if your interested.

Cosmic Star Heroine is a turn-based sci-fi Japanese-style RPG from Zeboyd Games currently scheduled to come out in 2014 for the PC, Mac, PS4, and Vita!

Alyssa L’Salle is one of the galactic government’s top agents and always manages to save the day! But when she accidentally uncovers a dark conspiracy, her own government outs her as a legendary spy and the people’s champion! Sure, now she has hordes of adoring fans but every villainous organization she’s ever crossed in her career knows who she is and is out for her blood! Can she save the day once more while she faces her greatest challenge… Everyone!?

• Good old-fashioned classic turn-based RPG!
  • Save anywhere! Minimal grinding (unless you want to)!
  • Brisk pacing that respects your time!
  • No separate battle screen! Battles take place directly in the dungeons & areas that you explore!
  • 2D visual style straight from the height of gaming's 16-bit era!
  • Animated cutscenes reminiscent of the Sega CD & Turbo Duo era!
  • Soundtrack by Hyperduck (Dust: An Elysian Tail, Precipice of Darkness 4) inspired by the genre greats!
  • Multi-character combo techniques!
  • Intricately designed encounters make each new battle its own challenge!
  • Your own spy headquarters! Recruit new agents to help it grow!
More information.

33k the first day. pretty good start.
Yes it is I think this one has a chance out of all the previous ones I posted about this week. I played some of their previous work before, and it's not that bad.

I saw this a month ago somewhere else. Twitter or EvAv or something. Either way, I still don't think I'd get it. He has a tendency to make his RPGs very, very short and I can't get into sub 10 hour games. I get that they are priced well for their length, but I'd rather pay 30 bucks for a full 30hr RPG.

Sounds like it could be interesting, and the entry price is cheap at $10.

It's curious that they haven't listed any stretch goals. I guess that's a ways off though, assuming they make it.

The problem is that this one looks like a very good plan while it's just a decent one for crowd-funding. I've gotten an impression some people might be using Kickstarter just for marketing/getting attention of potential publishers.

•Save anywhere! Minimal grinding (unless you want to)!
Good enough for me. I'm in.

I saw this a month ago somewhere else. Twitter or EvAv or something. Either way, I still don't think I'd get it. He has a tendency to make his RPGs very, very short and I can't get into sub 10 hour games. I get that they are priced well for their length, but I'd rather pay 30 bucks for a full 30hr RPG.

Specially when the next Steam Summer/Winter/Fall/Spring event comes and the $30/30hr RPG goes on sale for $10 and the $10/10hr RPG goes on sale for $7.50

Good enough for me. I'm in.

Never thought I'd see you jump in on anything that has "grinding" in it, unless it's preceded by a "no". :D Way I see it TES also has optional and minimal grinding (specially vanilla where you level much too quickly), but you can't stand that.

Back
Top Bottom