Project Eternity - Post-Funding Update #64, Developer Q&A

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Project Eternity has a new post-funding update with a new Developer Q&A with Concept Artist Kazunori Aruga.

What are you most looking forward to on Project Eternity?

Just the fact that we can put an IE inspired game on the market is enough to get me excited. It's been long overdue. I'm looking forward to seeing all the hard work we are putting in coming together as one complete package, and seeing reactions of people playing the game!

Which concept that you have done has been your favorite?

Artists are typically never happy with their own work. Next question! :p

I've enjoyed working on art for scripted interactions, and been pretty happy with the results. I've also been putting a lot of work into inventory UI recently and am happy with the results coming out of that.

What's your favorite Infinity Engine game? Why?

BG1 for exploring the vast wilderness. I can still recall the music and hear the birds chirping in the distance. BG2 is a close 2nd for its story and companions. The only title I haven't finished is IWD2 which I am playing through currently, and I will say I'm enjoying the combat.
More information.

Wow! Someone else who liked BG1 better than 2. All these years I thought I was alone...

Wow! Someone else who liked BG1 better than 2. All these years I thought I was alone…

No I'm the same. BG2 story and characters were better, and gameplay was probably more polished, but I missed the exploration aspect of BG1.

No I'm the same. BG2 story and characters were better, and gameplay was probably more polished, but I missed the exploration aspect of BG1.

i can't say whether i liked better one of the 2.but i do agree with both of you for the exploration.and since the guy puts it at place number 1 it's good news for me.cause a game that will combine the exploration of BG1,the character and story depth of BG2 plus any other improvements that nowadays games have,it will be a masterpiece of the masterpieces

" As a side note, being a fan of the IE games and having a lot of experience playing them has proven very useful as it helps me identify what worked and what didn’t. I'm sure we all have fond memories of shuffling piles of arrows between characters. "

I hope we still have top shuffle the arrows and everything else around as that small annoying aspect actually gave weight to objects and made the tiny sprites on screen feel more real to me.I fondly remember the whole inventory annoyance as what drew me into the Baldurs Gate world and hope it stays......just hate automation of all the new games.

i can't say whether i liked better one of the 2.but i do agree with both of you for the exploration.and since the guy puts it at place number 1 it's good news for me.cause a game that will combine the exploration of BG1,the character and story depth of BG2 plus any other improvements that nowadays games have,it will be a masterpiece of the masterpieces

To some degree I'm in. But I have to admit, that I've never seen a town as lively as Atkathla. There are so many different areas and quests to discover. It's another kind of exploration, but it's still there.

I also thought Baldur's Gate was superior to the 2nd one. But of course they both were and remain hall of fame caliber games.

To some degree I'm in. But I have to admit, that I've never seen a town as lively as Atkathla. There are so many different areas and quests to discover. It's another kind of exploration, but it's still there.

True.So what would be best?But of course a game with a city like Atkathla and wilderness like BG1 :biggrin:

" As a side note, being a fan of the IE games and having a lot of experience playing them has proven very useful as it helps me identify what worked and what didn’t. I'm sure we all have fond memories of shuffling piles of arrows between characters. "

I hope we still have top shuffle the arrows and everything else around as that small annoying aspect actually gave weight to objects and made the tiny sprites on screen feel more real to me.I fondly remember the whole inventory annoyance as what drew me into the Baldurs Gate world and hope it stays……just hate automation of all the new games.

I hope it's gone. Baldurs Gate without stacking mods was tedious.

I never understood why some people enjoy this kind of micromanagement. BG1's inventory management was totally arbitrary. Body armour took up as much inventory space as a necklacer (or 20 arrows). Inventory limited by weight is one thing, but limited by an arbitrary number of "slots"...

I hope it's gone. Baldurs Gate without stacking mods was tedious.

I never understood why some people enjoy this kind of micromanagement. BG1's inventory management was totally arbitrary. Body armour took up as much inventory space as a necklacer (or 20 arrows). Inventory limited by weight is one thing, but limited by an arbitrary number of "slots"…

i agree.since there's the weight limit you should be able to stack everything even armors.yeah it's not realistic probably but throwing balls of fire from your hands is neither.
PS Ok they can keep a limit in the arrows that can be placed in your quiver.I mean having 2034 arrows there would be a little bit absurd

Back
Top Bottom