Obsidian Entertainment - Project Eternity Kickstarter Launched

I wouldn't have anything against. :)

Sidenote: Obsidian forums crashed.

As soon as Mac support is promised, they've got my money!

Mac (& Linux) support will happen if they get enough money (it is sort of an unconfirmed stretch goal). They also mentioned getting better with the tech in the Gamebanshee interview before doing this (so after the game is released).

Wow! I'm doing the Gagnam Style dance!

Now imagine what EA, Bethsoft, Ubisoft and Lucasrts could do with a kickstarter? Heck, for Lucas, why stop at video games?

EA won't make anything from kickstarter because they are for makin money first via games. Obsidian want to make games but it needs money. Whole EA is for selling more and more games, with more and more dlcs - thats why they need to streamline the core - to get wider casual audience, thats why they cut content from games to spread 10bucks dlcs, and for all of that they need strong marketing which cost them - the circle go again... -and thats why i am very sad about BioWare

Wow! It looks like I may have to make my first Kickstarter donation. The potential here has me truly excited.

Based on the answers to those interview questions, it's clear that they know exactly who their audience is and what they want.

EA won't make anything from kickstarter because they are for makin money first via games. Obsidian want to make games but it needs money. Whole EA is for selling more and more games, with more and more dlcs - thats why they need to streamline the core - to get wider casual audience, thats why they cut content from games to spread 10bucks dlcs, and for all of that they need strong marketing which cost them - the circle go again… -and thats why i am very sad about BioWare

Bigger and bigger outfits are latching onto this. Its only a matter of time. Wasn't it the case that a short while ago one of the big ones found a major for a distributor? If people just give money to the kickstarter wouldn't you want a piece of that pie? Certainly Obsidian does. And yet Obsidian has the clout to get contracts from publishers already.

Brian Fargo mentioned that several publishers contacted him. The adventure game Lilly looking through was another title, that found at least a german publisher, 'though Headup Games isn't exactly a global or even big local player.

Anyone looked at the Kicktraq for this? http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/

Trending toward 11 million! Wow…

Though I doubt they will sustain the huge influx of pledges happening during this early time. It is still mighty impressive…

Doesn't say anything. I saw the trending prognosis from Broken Sword falling from above 1,1 mio to somewhere around 700k. It's based on the average fundings per day, and campaigns tend to slow down over the course. In the beginning of course there is a huge peak. I don't think we will have daily pledges in total of 400k for the rest of the campaign.

It's gone up $40k in the last hour I've been watching. I've mostly moved on from isometric games but I was happy to pledge for this.

Is this a dream? Sadly I can only afford the boxed $65 version.

All this money ,this fast ,practically without any game details!That is impressive and i
sure hope they reach high numbers.

I've gotten an impression that they are deliberately using mystery factor for marketing purpose. Hopefully, they will eventually reveal the content little by little toward the end of the Kickstarter. They are doing so well and I don't feel I need to post around like other less popular Kickstarter projects.

Doesn't say anything. I saw the trending prognosis from Broken Sword falling from above 1,1 mio to somewhere around 700k. It's based on the average fundings per day, and campaigns tend to slow down over the course. In the beginning of course there is a huge peak. I don't think we will have daily pledges in total of 400k for the rest of the campaign.
I understand how it works, that's why I said "Though I doubt they will sustain the huge influx of pledges happening during this early time." I know it's not saying they will actually hit 11 million. But I think it's impressive in just showing how interested people are.

Wow! The first kickstarter that will cause me to open my wallet ;)

I'd been thinking about upgrading my Kindle Fire to a Fire HD... and now this comes along, crying out for that $200. Decisions, decisions.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'm pledging this thing like nobody's business; the only question is whether I hit the $140 tier or the $250 tier.

Back
Top Bottom