Piranha Bytes - Sascha Henrichs Interview @ WoR

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Pirahna Bytes' artist/modeler Sascha Henrichs has been interviewed at World of Risen, talking about the PB design team and their approach:
4. How creative can you be without falling into conflict with the game designers?
Back in the day there was more room for an artist to come around with his own ideas. Today the amount of work has more than doubled and I rarely have time to create a design by myself. However, from time to time our concepter is too busy with concepting for the character department, and cannot deliver concepts for our department. Then we have to make our own concepts. From time to time there is also an idea you really want to bring forward, then it's mostly no problem for anyone to go for it.
Editor’s note:
1. Be sure to check out Jann Kerntke's website, PB's concepter.
2. Have a look at Ralf’s Developer Diary entry concerning character design
Thanks, Moriendor!
More information.

Very nice interview. The no nonsense approach seems to have infected the graphics guys too. ;)
I like how Sascha answered the question why PB is better than the rest without insulting anybody.

Additional piece of info:
Sascha teaches Game Art & Animation at the Games Academy.

The most important is memory. The consoles only have a low amount of memory, and in order to have an easy time porting the game to consoles we also have an eye on our resources for the PC version. Memory is very critical. Then there are some door sizes, step heights, table heights and other measurements that are also essential.

Damn you Bill Gates! Daaaaaammmmmnnnnnn yoooooouuuuuu!

Cool interview, thanks Sascha!

He has a very good sense of humor. ;)

Back
Top Bottom