Two Worlds - Videos @ Newwave.it

Dhruin

SasqWatch
An Italian site has several over-the-shoulder handycam videos of Two Worlds showing off character creation, general gameplay, the interface, multiplayer -- eight videos all up. The quality is pretty good (for a handycam) and minus the usual corporate PR stuff, is essential viewing for anyone interested in Two Worlds by showing the real thing. I don't know where these were taken, what state the code is in or how old they are, so take that into consideration.
Thanks ferkel!
More information.

I have to agree Curious, this is the RPG with the biggest potential in 2007 (at least, the way things look right now). The real question is: Inspiration, Gothic or Oblivion? It certainly sounds very Gothic-ish with the consequences, living world, trainers to level up various skills and so on and so forth. Because it's such a huge project, I am expecting tons of bugs, but if they deliver what they promised this might just turn out to be an amazing RPG.

They have caught me by suprise!

Damn, they've got me hooked... My heart is filled with hope. And I thought that in this season there will be only THE ONE in Poland: The Witcher. Now I am not so sure, so from now on I wait for 2Worlds also. Afterall 2Worlds will be on market in a month and The Witcher in September :). I can only hope that Reality Pump wont let me down as Bethesda did :( .

I notice there's still no option to pre-order for Australia yet!!

Nothing listed on the two worlds site but.... After viewing a few Australian online stores (being one myself you see), Two Worlds can be pre ordered for the cheap cheap price (?) of AU$80.90.

This means they should hurry up and get some links working, but it looks like they are only listing their 'special' alligned stores.

A link might be helpful!! :) Haven't seen a game that cheap here in years!!

Sure thing :) Wasn't sure on any rules here and didn't want it to look like spammage.

17th may - $80.90 @ dStore.com.au: http://dstore.com.au/PC/2-Worlds/1001706.html
OR
28 June - $77.95 @ gameswarehouse: http://gameswarehouse.com.au/longpage.asp?gameid=14287

With dStore: First time you create an account and order, you should get free shipping. Else it's another $6 on top of this. However about once per month, they also wave it for orders over X amounts, usually $50.

I live out in the scrubs in SA, but the delay to get stuff is usually 5 working days. Backorders take about a month :\ Never Pre-Ordered from them though.

Have not ordered from GW before, but heard they are reputable enough. Apparently some issues with P.O boxs though, and you need to phone and confirm the order, though this info is hidden away on their site somewhere.
Plus, they usually stock the classics more than other stores: Fallout, Planescape etc.. ;P

Thanks for the links; I'll check them out!!

Atmosphere reminds me of Gothic 3, with graphics from Oblivion.

Did it seem like the character runs at light speed in these videos though? The scenery passes by too quickly in my opinion. And directly related to that is the fact that the character could easily outrun (backwards no less) any aggressive creature shown, including the dragon. I'm not sure I like that. I guess you can pretty much do the same thing in Gothic 3, but even so, THAT game still makes you say "Crap, I guess I'm not ready for THIS area." If, on the other hand, you can backpedal away from a winged dragon quicker than he can say "snaggletooth," then you will develop no feeling of self-preservation, and will just mindlessly wander around the world doing whatever the heck you want to. I suppose that's what some people like, but not me. It kills the immersion for me.

Anway, that's pretty much the only negative I saw, so I'm looking forward to the game. Still, in my gut I'm thinking this is going to be another very dumbed down RPG al la Oblivion.

this game looks very good
yes outrunning wild animals is not a good ideaa and yes it was quite present in gothic3 where you can outrun a lion and a wolf with no problems :p
no clue why they make it that way because G2 system where the animal was chasing you very fast and then gave up after some time seemed so much better and more realistic
but hey .. we do not know the version number of the game and on the video you could still see some very alphish program behaviour (lag etc.) - but that might have been caused by the low quality of the video
we shall have to see :) i am really looking forward to this one

"Still, in my gut I'm thinking this is going to be another very dumbed down RPG al la Oblivion."
yes i pretty much expect that from every bigger project now ... oblivion made huge amounts of money ..........
i have not even finished Oblivion because of its dumbness :)

but hey .. we do not know the version number of the game and on the video you could still see some very alphish program behaviour (lag etc.) - but that might have been caused by the low quality of the video
we shall have to see :)
I think it's an older version of TW. At the moment it's in closed beta. Two friends of mine have been asked by Zuxxezz to take part in this. They say it is rather stable. Of course some Bugs, even A1, but nothing unnormal. A little bit of polishing and the game should work properly.
"Still, in my gut I'm thinking this is going to be another very dumbed down RPG al la Oblivion."
yes i pretty much expect that from every bigger project now ... oblivion made huge amounts of money ..........
i have not even finished Oblivion because of its dumbness :)
Two Worlds = Oblivion clone? Hmm, in some way yes, in some way not.

It's clearly developed to please german market, and since Gothic is quite success in Germany, Two Worlds has also references to Gothic. Gothic 1&2 offered a clear storyline. That's one goal in Two Worlds, saving you're kidnapped sister.

An open game world with an infinite mass of side quests like in Oblivion is the other thing, Reality Pump wanted to implement in Two Worlds. I can only speculate, but personally I think it's a little bit more Gothic than Oblivion, because of story aspect, although story sounds quite similiar to Oblivion. But I'm not sure if it has the same amount of quests like Oblivion and if the focus is also more on quests than on mainplot. And if quality of main plot is as good as it's predecessors... let's wait and see.

Yes, very impressive package, is that real leather she is wearing?

Oh yeah the game looks good, too. :)

Back
Top Bottom