Pricewatch!

Avernum: Escape from the Pit, the remake of Avernum 1, is 80% off on Steam this week. It's a must play for fans of old-school, party and turn-based RPGs, and has a fantastic game world to explore.

I recently bought Avernum, the complete Saga on gog in early may.
Does it have the original or the remake of the first game?

Thanks.

Avernum, the complete Saga: http://www.gog.com/game/avernum_the_complete_saga

That one contains the "old" games.
And Avernum: Escape from the Pit is the remake of the remake of the first game in this saga.

Ok thanks.

Next question then : Should I buy the new one if I already have the old one?
I don't think so but just curious to know if there are any worthy changes that make it worth it.

Last edited:
From what I know Jeff continously improves the old games, also content wise.

If you didn't finish it yet, it probably makes sense to just spend the 2€ and "replace" Avernum 1 with Avernum: Escape from the pit.

BTW: The original games were called Exile. ;)
Avernum 1-6 are actually already the remakes of the Exile games.
And Avernum: Escape from the Pit is the remake of the remake of the first game in this saga.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten that. I remember playing Exile years ago, but I never did buy it in the end. Their games used to be so expensive that it probably chased most people away.

Crusader Kings II and ALL of its DLC are currently 67% off at Steam.
Not strictly an RPG, I know, but I know some here enjoy it. I grabbed the ones I was missing for the gf and myself. ;)

Too many expensive DLC. If they sell it all together with the base game at a decent price, I may bite.

Well, the DLC collection goes on a 75% sale regularly, but it does not include the last 2 rounds of released DLC. :-/

The Crusader Kings series is also at Bundle Stars at 75% off and they provide Steam keys.

The Crusader Kings series is also at Bundle Stars at 75% off and they provide Steam keys.

Well, crap. I should have waited.
That sale does not seem to include the most recent round of DLCs though, linked to the Rajas of India release. Awesome deal otherwise.

Gamefly is running some good deals now:

XCOM: Complete - $25 - Still a bit much for me considering my backlog
Call of Cthulu - $5
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate - $12 (even better, Uplay is seling it today for $8)

plus others including Dishonored, and Elder Scrolls series.

Last edited:
Humble Weekly Bundle: German Edition

Tiny & Big
Beatbuddy
Spirits
The Guild 2 Collection
Galaxy On Fire 2 HD
Crazy Machines 2
The Great Jitters

-----------
Risen
Arcania
The Book of Unwritten Tales
------------

Giana Sisters + Rise of the Owlverlord
The Night of the Rabbit

The first two tiers are a bargain. The 3rd one depends on whether or not you like adventure games (Rabbit). Giana Sisters is a great game, but it's on sale quite often.

Great deal (still going) also in the list of deals is Victoria 2 Collection, which I personally recommend. I had V2 in my backlog for years, I was bored a few weeks ago and decided to give it a try, haven't played anything else since then, loving it!

Great deal (still going) also in the list of deals is Victoria 2 Collection, which I personally recommend. I had V2 in my backlog for years, I was bored a few weeks ago and decided to give it a try, haven't played anything else since then, loving it!

Yep, that is a great deal for a GREAT game. I recommend it highly as well.

Also, the DLC is imperative for Victoria 2. Namely the 2 bigger expansions, because one of them completely re-balances the game and fixes some broken issues. The difference is night and day.

Yep, that is a great deal for a GREAT game. I recommend it highly as well.

Also, the DLC is imperative for Victoria 2. Namely the 2 bigger expansions, because one of them completely re-balances the game and fixes some broken issues. The difference is night and day.
Luckily it's all included in the collection. I think V2 was one of the last 'expansion model' Paradox games, where you could only get updates by buying the expansions. With CK2 they changed it so it continually gets updated even if you don't buy any expansions ever, the core game is still patched.

From what I know Jeff continously improves the old games, also content wise.

If you didn't finish it yet, it probably makes sense to just spend the 2€ and "replace" Avernum 1 with Avernum: Escape from the pit.

Thanks for the info.
Passed on that remake of a remake… ;)

For those who like Space Battles, there is Conquest : Frontier Wars on sale today at gog.

Back
Top Bottom