Divine Divinity - Available at Good Old Games

By the way, in semi-related news: The English (UK) version of Divinity 2: Ego Draconis is now finally listed and available for preorder on places like Play.com (EUR 32.49) or Game.co.uk (GBP 29.99) or Amazon.co.uk (GBP 24.99) with a release date of 11/20/2009.

By the way, in semi-related news: The English (UK) version of Divinity 2: Ego Draconis is now finally listed and available for preorder on places like Play.com (EUR 32.49) or Game.co.uk (GBP 29.99) or Amazon.co.uk (GBP 24.99) with a release date of 11/20/2009.
Well thank you. I was just about to comment about that. Got…Risen, Divinity2 and Dragon game. I cant handle any more in this short of a time span. I have wasted weeks on risen allready and havent finished even half of that even. Im one happy dood.

Well ... my first thought is ... disappointment. The original CD version sized perfectly on my netbook, but the GoG version won't , even with all of the different default resolutions. Crap.

What do you mean with "sized" ?

Space on the hardisk ?

Awesome - thanks, Mo. I'll put in my order tonight.

Update - running 800 x 600 works best ... stretched view, but at least it works.

I'm glad they kept the price low, that's awesome, it's such a great game.

What's not is that there doesn't seem to be enough of a reason for me to buy it again even at that low price. Fix list seems rather small.

Exactly what I was thinking JDR. Even if they didn't add the fixes in, it'll be nice to have it directly on the hard drive. Plus, I'm not sure how much longer my DD cd will be around. Far too many scratches on it for my liking.

This is liked here at the Watch, isn't it - at this price I guess I'll give it a go.

Update - running 800 x 600 works best … stretched view, but at least it works.

You can manually set the resolution by editing the config.div file. I'm currently running at 1360x800 on a 24" monitor.

Does this game still have that brutal black fog in front of everywhere you go? To me, its the worst feature of this otherwise brilliant game.

And now in higher resolutions, it will look even more silly.

It'd be nice if they would publish a patch with these extras for people who, y'know, own the original game. That's one of my main beefs with GoG... Arx Fatalis had fixes too that should have been released as a patch for previous purchasers. All very lame.

Just bought it. I've played it a bit on friend's computer, nowhere near even half completion, but never actually owned it until now.

The game works wonderfully for me at 1680 x 1050 on my 22 inch widescreen monitor after doing the editing thing mentioned above. Awesome!

It'd be nice if they would publish a patch with these extras for people who, y'know, own the original game.

That's already been requested in the Larian forums by someone (not me).

You can manually set the resolution by editing the config.div file. I'm currently running at 1360x800 on a 24" monitor.

Yeah - they suggested that in the GoG forums, I'll give it a shot - thanks!

Does this game still have that brutal black fog in front of everywhere you go? To me, its the worst feature of this otherwise brilliant game.

You mean the 'fog of war' that pretty much every game has?

I think the fog can be moved farther out depending on your sight skill/ability. Seems like something they grabbed from the roguelikes, along with the way the dungeons are put together and lots of other things. :)

It's interesting, I guess publishers see the trends and when a game like DA is getting rpg hype up, whamo, all the oldies get re-released in shining new coats, working on vista etc. This reminds me of the stretch we had between 2001 and 2004/5 when Gothic, Divinity and Arx Fatalis all were released.

Back
Top Bottom