Project Eternity - Post-Funding Update #68

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Obsidian has a new Project Eternity post-funding update that shows off new game art.

ART!

Hey, everyone. We decided against releasing the Backer Portal right before the holiday break. We wanted to make sure that we had a full staff on board to solve any technical issues that might arise on the site during its launch. We are just as excited as you are for the Backer Portal and we want to make sure it has a smooth release.

To keep you sated in Project Eternity goodness we decided to show off some of the artwork we have been putting together this milestone. We are pretty proud of it. Hope you enjoy.

Areas

Last week on the forums Sensuki, Tagomika, and coffeetable brought up questions about areas we were outsourcing. I figured it would be better to show you the areas instead of talking about them. Take a look.

(A shrine to the goddess of the hunt.)

(A drake skeleton amid thick overgrowth.)

Both of these images come from the same wilderness area. While this area appears thick with foliage now, it was previously the site to horrific fires caused by drakes. Large swaths of ground were burned and only now has the land started to recover.

Concepts

Kaz and Polina have been hard at work getting concepts prepared for our current milestone and the next.

Polina has been focusing on creating the look and feel for our next big city - Twin Elms. Twin Elms is a unique mixture of ruined architecture from an ancient civilization with a layer of Viking-inspired Glanfathan buildings built into it.

(Glanfathan buildings built into ancient ruins).

(Line work for environments in Twin Elms.)

While Polina has been helping to plan the future, Kaz is firmly entrenched in our mega dungeon, The Endless Paths of Od Nua. Take a look at some of the prop work that Kaz is doing for one of the Engwithan-inspired areas.

(Engwithan props for use in Od Nua.)

Creatures

One of the creatures that has gone in recently is the troll. You can see a few of them in the area below.

(A group of trolls in-game.)
More information.

Gods, I hope this is turn-based.

Kinda disappointed that this is not the big update. OTOH, the game is coming along well. It's not like I'm biting nails thinking of what they will do next.

From the beginning was confirmed as being RTwP
Actually, no. They recently opened a survey for backers to determine the final format. Not surprising, since they have a viable model for TB in Wasteland 2, and since in general I believe TB systems are easier to implement.

Actually, no. They recently opened a survey for backers to determine the final format. Not surprising, since they have a viable model for TB in Wasteland 2, and since in general I believe TB systems are easier to implement.
This is Project Eternity, you are confunding with Torment: Tides of Numenera

Turn based of course. Always refreshing to see these updates, also Star Citizen, Elite, serious teams taking big steps creating the great, uplifting feeling of progress.

The game is coming along nicely but I am a bit worried about the pace... like someone mentioned above, it's been more than a year and at this rate I don't know when the game will be out!!! :(

indeed RTwP ftw, if we fail in Torment at least here we will have shelter from TB diehardfans :biggrin:

Hrm, I am starting to feel a little bit spoiled by these updates (pet peeve of mine, spoilers) I think I prefer them to detail the systems rather than locations etc…

Will just skim and look at the screens from now on :)

P.S Unless I am mistaken, it was always crystal clear that this was going to be RTwP…

P.S Unless I am mistaken, it was always crystal clear that this was going to be RTwP…

I'm sure - in fact the TB devotees in the Torment forum have been holding up PE as a RTwP game i.e. "well, if you want RTwP go and play PE!" I would be highly pissed off if this suddenly became TB. I have more than enough TB games in the pipeline thank you very much,

Back
Top Bottom