Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Open World RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Warhorse Studios has a new trailer announcing that Warhorse is now called Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I'm looking forward to playing a historical RPG with no monsters.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is first-person, open-world realistic RPG set in medieval Europe. Enjoy unique melee combat, castle sieges, battles and quests in this epic RPG.
More information.

Ok, I'm interested. I've been wanting an open world historical RPG since I played Darklands in the early 90s. Bring it.

I'm actually oddly excited by this. ^.^ I'm sort of hoping it's like a Mount & Blade meets Skyrim, only maybe a slightly more immersive plunge into scenes of daily medieval life.

Oh, and moddable. Please!

Last edited:
Mount and blade?
If this is no predefined story or stories game but LEGO on PC, I'm not buying - Maxis' Sims and let's not pay writers because a player can make a story won't worn on me.

Mount and blade?
If this is no predefined story or stories game but LEGO on PC, I'm not buying - Maxis' Sims and let's not pay writers because a player can make a story won't worn on me.
I don't think you will like the game because it follows the Skyrim idea of an open world. The game has more information on the way in a few days so stay tuned for an update.

Here are a few screenshots.

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

As long as the player doesn't scratch his foot and that's quest solved just because there is no actual story to follow - I'm in. I can understand some ppl dream of being a dungeon master, but am simply not into that kind of "godlike" stuff. In other words, I'd rather buy drugs Mcafee uses.

About Skyrim model it all depends. Skyrim had a main story and substories, puzzles, quest arcs, skill trainers, a fame system (town thane). If that's the plan, looks good, right?
But I couldn't (can't) stand radiant crap. They needed to test the grinding system before going MMO, okay, fine, but where's the bloody ingame option to disable it? Hopefully Deliverance will not be skyrimized in that way.

The screens look nice! I can't wait to see more…

I just hope there's open character creation, like in Skyrim/Oblivion/etc. I think the only thing that could kill it for me is if there was Dishonored-style "you can only play as this one dude" gameplay.

Well, what they are showing is promising but they aren't showing much. I guess it's going to take place in 1403?

Definitely need to see some gameplay for this, and a good story / world / factions / world lore/design and questline would go a long way to piquing my interest.

I feel spoiled by Fallout: New Vegas and Witcher 2…

Last edited:
I'm disinterested. I play crpgs to escape from reality. I want magic, unicorns, dragons, women not scarred by the pox, etc. I like what I see outside of a lack of magic, but this game is still a medieval combat simulator just like all their games.

Terrible re-naming! 'Warhorse' wasn't any good title either, but the new one is worse.

The guy behind Mafia is involved? Color me intrigued!

But it's not out until forever :(

Looks promising!
We've got plenty of standard fantasy fare RPGs, so I welcome any deviation from that rend. :)

Looks very interesting - something different. So long as they don't decide in the final period to make it a freemium MMO I will give it a try. Actually I would still try it then, I would just not be happy about it :)

Back
Top Bottom