Dead Island - Review Trio

I loved Dead Rising 2 and Borderlands, so if it is a mix of those two I'll be happy enough. I'm also aiming low, but I've seen enough gameplay footage to know pretty much what the deal is with this game. It's sounds good to me.

I'll ramp up my expectations for a more story based zombpocalypse when Dead State is released. God I can't wait for that game.

i think the comments of console port are way off as techland has never made a non-pc game, despite their last few also being on console. its no more consolized than say fallout 3. also despite the 1st day of udder gaming terror with bsod and crashes continually, the game has run flawlessly since day 2. i'm enjoying it alot more than borderlands and the quests really fit the world and the strugle for yours and others you help. when you complete a quest it's effects stay present in the world. if don't like melee combat and gore though i'd advise against the game. by no means a great game but it is fun and so far i've had no problem playing it solo though i'm still in act 1 chapter 3 out of 4 acts and i've put in over a dozen hours already.

apprarently being the only word that matters in that statement;)

Not too impressed with this game i have to say.

The weapon breaking is very annoying, and doesnt really add to the atmosphere or gameplay at all. Yes, i realize that it probably gets better later on, overall i don't mind weapon breaking (like in SS2), but here it's just stupid, how can my crowbar or whatever break in like a minute?? Duh.

Game isn't even close to involving or scary. I could care less if i die since i'll just respawn in 2 seconds near where i just died. Sure, I loose a little money but i gain health/sta, guess which is more valuable, health/sta or money that i find within 10 seconds.. I never even look at my health bar since i stopped caring. "God mode" just isnt fun in games, any dev should know this.

Exploring isn't really possible at all because you reach a "you're leaving the playable area" within a minute or less of exploring. I mean wtf? The game is set on an _island_, how hard can it be to let the _island_ be the playable area, and the water the "unplayable" area? Super fail and shitty design.

The skill tree is boring as hell, nothing there really exicted me at all. I want to feel "cool, can't wait until i can get that one!", that's how it should be done, so again, really bad design.

Overall, a game done with console kids in mind that likes to play games in "god mode". It's a shame because it could have been a really great game with just a few tweaks here and there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom