My other hobbies

That is hilarious! (my reference was the movie 'Better off dead', BTW)

Do you mean English as spoken in England, or America, or Australia, or Ireland, or Europe? They are all different you know!! :)

English is different in different areas of the same country. I was watching an American documentary. The documentary had people from all different areas of America and they used subtitles for people who were interstate. It is pretty funny to put subtitles on people when they are perfectly understandable.
I personally love the accent in Fargo (not a true story, but apparrently a true accent).
American's always think Australians either sound like Paul Hogan or Steve Irwin or even worse that we have a really cockney accent "'allo Gov'nor".
Poppy Montgomery (Australian) auditoned for a role as an Australian and was told it was the worst Australian accent they had even heard?
Odd, very odd.

My hobbies (other than games) reading books, playing with my cats, watching movies, collecting Christmas ornaments and beading (sorry, I forgot what the topic was when I clicked and started reading). I also enjoy using sarcasm and embarrasing myself by thinking really stupid, inappropriate things, laughing and then not being able to tell anyone why I am laughing because they'll think I'm weird.

Last edited:
I've seen that before, it's very clever!!

At least he had a slight accent.

I have this site as a hobby and watching some movies every now and then. Besides those two my other major hobby is having sex.....

I have this site as a hobby and watching some movies every now and then. Besides those two my other major hobby is having sex.....
Hobby?O_O
It's not exacty a "hobby" you would put on a job application (or maybe you would).
That should not be considered a hobby. A life mission, an all consuming passion, the reason for existance, stress relief, an urge that has to be satisfied, the only thing better than the AFL grand final and chocolate, but it should not be categorised as a hobby. That makes it sound like a group of people getting together and saying "should we play bridge, rummy, texas hold em or have sex". There is no competition, unless the AFL grand final is on and then you have to wait until half time.
By the way, when I first read your post I thought you had written "my two other major hobbies are having sex" and I was wondering how that could be two. Good thing I re-read what you had written. I may have done another post that did not make sense.

Well, from my point of view, a hobby is something you enjoy doing in the time you are not working (excluding sleeping).
Is it as much a hobby to me as is lying in the garden watching the clouds drift by is. I wouldn't put either on my job application though :)

Point taken. Although that could open a world of possibilities for hobbies; farting, burping, reading the newspaper while sitting on the toilet, scratching your frank and beans, rating muffin tops on a scale of 1-10 when walking down the street, playing spot the G string while walking down the street...... I guess sex is a good hobby.:party:

Have I already stated that Archaeology is my most favourite hobby ?
I recently bought several new books for me concerning that on a flea market for a bargain. :)
The older the culture, the better ! :) ;)

Hobbies and interests other than playing CRPGs...

First and foremost I love doing anything with my family... I coach my boys' soccer teams, and all that other stuff...

- I play PnP D&D with friends every month (been doing it for over 25 years)
- I am a freelance fantasy RPG writer (published)
- I enjoy building model rockets
- I love to read... almost exclusively fantasy/sci-fi
- I love music... classic, metal, progressive, alternative, classical, folk, etc
- I love watching movies... mostly sci-fi/fantasy/horror and really bad b-movies

There are other things I do in my leisure time... but that covers it pretty well

Back
Top Bottom