Skyrim - Editorial @ Press2Reset

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Press2Reset has a new editorial asking,"Is Skyrim the high point of this generation?"

One of the more facile comments gamers occasionally level at one another is the instruction to play the game the way the developers intended it to be played. We should resist this command when we hear it and embrace those developers who also eschew it. And no studio rejects this mantra more so than Bethesda.

The developer’s internally made RPGs (Fallout 3 and The Elder Scrolls series) are underpinned by a freedom of player choice. Go where you want, do what you want. Play the main story, or ignore it. Pursue a widening network of missions across the whole map, or while away your days in a quiet retreat. Ultimately, player agency is a core tenet of the games themselves.

And that’s before you’ve even got to the modding.

It took a PC to reveal to me the true depths of Skyrim. An unashamed console gamer for years, I had enjoyed (but no more than that) the fifth Elder Scrolls title when it released on Xbox 360. I passed a good number of hours in its company and even delved into the first DLC.

However, around this time, a minor domestic accident caused me to upgrade my bog standard laptop (damned cat). I decided to invest a few extra quid and get myself something capable of running some games. It proved to be momentous.
More information.

"Ultimately, player agency is a core tenet of the games themselves."

"player agency"

in a Bethesda game. R0FLES!
Laugh all you want he was a console player till he joined the pc master race that has mods instead of just DLC. I salute him.:salute:

Reminds me of me, although I am not a console player. I just avoided mods and enbs. But the end result is the same. Still playing after 2 years. Nexus is my MMO component of Skyrim (and other games which is nice). Have learned to make my own simple mods and I manage an ENB and have started to learn how to make my own.

Even now I look forward to playing with my newest character team - Grimulfr and the Black Wolf and his companion - a little baby wolf … who grows with you over time into a full adult.

Attachments

• sls_com4.jpg
    sls_com4.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 40
  • bfb_trip_26.jpg
    bfb_trip_26.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 40
  • wolves.jpg
    wolves.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 40
  • whiterun_tour_5.jpg
    whiterun_tour_5.jpg