BioShock PC Demo, Link.

Acleacius

SasqWatch
Hey someone might want to make a News Story for this. :)
Here is the FilePlanet link, you need to be regestered to use FilePlanet for any download.

http://www.fileplanet.com/176066/download/BioShock-Demo

Edit
In case I wasn't clear, you Don't need to be a paying subscriber.
I am currently at 600meg and I am not a paying subscriber only regestered.
I guess something could change, but that is the current status. :)

Last edited:
thanks Acleacius!
i'm waiting in line for it but we'll see if i play it before tuesday or not.
i'm really entralled with the system shock 2: ponterbee station campaign. i'll probably try and finish that first otherwise my head might explode.

Posted to the Front page!!

Ah, great news. :)

To bad we in sweden/europe have to wait for eternity for this game. And why on earth do i not learn the art of patience? I feel like i was waiting for Wing Commander III Speciel edition.

Ouch, there maybe a problem. :S

Seems 2k Tricked us, I am reading on their forums and it sort of starts here on the 40th page.
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/sho...t=4509&page=40

Apparently anyone can download this but either you need to wait till Monday at 7pm EST, you have to be a Paying Subscriber using the Download Manager to Decrypt it or both, sigh. :(

I am not real clear at this point, so if you Pay per Gig of download with your ISP, please don't try this until more infomation is known or you don't want to possibly waste your time.

It's alot of reading and I am at 900 meg atm, so I dont have a difinetive answer, atm.

Looks like the Servers were taken down at the File Planet for Regesteration only.
There are some workarounds on the 2K forums thread I posted, but some workarounds have been fixed.
Since it's to close to release, unless you are really determined to try, I suggest others stay away, at least for the moment.

For the determined type, Avogadro posted this link to bugmenot.
http://www.bugmenot.com/

I've linked the news post to this thread!!

Finished the download and no go.
Still seems something is going to change at 7pm EST, it's as if the file will be readable after that time or they are going ot issue a new dowmload, still not clear.

I don't know too much about programming but the idea that this encrypted file will magicly decrypt on Monday at 7pm EST, seems like something out of a movie.
Unless maybe they intend to release a key/password that woudl allow it to be decompressed, so I will hang on to the file for a couple of days.

no you can't... anymore.. Darn it I just read the entire game is already cracked and up for download... WTF is the gaming world cooming to???

If you pre-order the game you can't FREAKING get even a demo until realease.. but if you do illegal activety and don't pay a dime! You can get the DARN game several days before it is released.

WAH!! THIS SUCKS!

Last edited:
no you can't... anymore.. Darn it I just read the entire game is already cracked and up for download... WTF is the gaming world cooming to???
Are you really surprised? That has been the trend forever ... I have gotten pre-release review copies of games direct from publishers and been able to find discussions about them on forums ...

GothicGothicness
"no you can't... anymore"
Here you go look what I found. :)
There are a total of 20 files, so just rename each download to part02, part03 and so on.
http://rapidshare.com/files/50143581/BioShock_PC_Demo.part01.rar

"Darn it I just read the entire game is already cracked and up for download"
Dang they are fast. :(

Savant, as I told Markus the softpedia link keeps stopping on me at around 200k.

The rapidshare link is working fine for now.

For people who can get this to run how is the performance and what kind of machine do you have?

For people who can get this to run how is the performance and what kind of machine do you have?

I was in the middle of downloading, but by then my Steam pre-load was done and I asked myself 'why?' and stopped ... sorry!

You can download the PC demo as a torrent easily. The Bioshock Pc demo is freely available so nothing illegal in using torrents to obtain it. Why use http?
I'm not really interested myself, though so I'm propably not gonna download the demo, might try the full game sometime.

Apparently The xbox360 full version has been leaked but I don't see a PC full version yet anywhere. That's quite surprising actually.

EDIT: Just to clarify: I'm not - and will not be - downloading anything illegally.
Just saying that you can download the FREE DEMO easily and quickly using a bittorrent client.

Last edited:
I downloaded the *demo* from a torrent site. I just couldn't wait.

I know its different thing we seek when playing game and i hold system shock 2 as one of my all time favourite game and judging by the demo, i am safe.

Seeing the mechanics in game is back, the coms, the diaries, the enhancment.

I was sceptic about the plasmids. Never like such things in a game, but now when i have tried them out - i can't wait for friday enough. Stupid europe. Please conquer us for a day dear US! :)

About performance @1280x1024 with most things turn on using my AMD 4400X2 with a 7800GTX(256MB) i can say it worked nicely. I will no doubt run it in 1024x768 once i get the game, if not the driver they are hyping has performance gain. The game was a little laggy. But it didn't detracht from the overall performance.

There is soo much in comparisson with SS2 that i infact started to think that they could try another approach, but - hey why fix a winning concept.

I hope Fallout 3 will use some of this graphic style - me just lay back and wait for friday with a big grin of my face.

Feel like i am reverting some decades to reliving those game from old.

Don't take my word for all of this. I just realized i am a fan boy. ;)

I was very surprised to see the game run very well on my rig

AMD 3700+ and Geforce 7800GTX and 2GB of ram.. I had all setting on high! And it ran FINE! really big surprise.. guess I might buy the PC version of this game after all :)

There are a total of 20 files, so just rename each download to part02, part03 and so on.

For future reference, you should know that this wouldn't work: the numbers bit of the download link changes too, so while part 01 might have it as 50143581, the next one will be completely different. Just means you'll have to post all the 20 links. :)

Back
Top Bottom