Fallout 3 - Broken Steel Review @ Barry's Review Blog

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Barry's Review Blog - which used to be Barry's Rigs 'n Reviews - has a lengthy look at Broken Steel, including an in-character story segment. Ultimately, the score is 9/10 and here's a snip:
Speaking of perks, Broken Steel adds 14 new ones to the mix to compliment the expanded Level 30 cap. The No Weaknesses perk obtainable at Level 24, for example, sets any S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats to 5 if they are lower than that number. At Level 30, Almost Perfect, maxes out all of your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats to 9. If you're bored with your character's current Karma status and want to navigate through life in the Capital Wasteland with a different "moral compass," Escalator to Heaven, Karmic Rebalance, and Devil's Highway will instantly reset your Karma to good, neutral or evil, respectively. Nerves of Steel allows your Action Points for V.A.T.S. to regenerate faster. And the Warmonger perk gives you the ability to create all of Fallout 3's custom weapons without the prerequisite schematics.
More information.

So you basically become God. Unfortunately there are no quests that seriously challenge your new powers, from what I have heard.

Yes, but as you can reach level 20 before completing much more than half the main quest, this might prove an incentive to continue playing after that point!!

I already felt overpowered when I reached level 17 or so...there were no more challenges. There would be little incentive for me to play beyond 20.

Bethesda did notunderstand that the main problem was not the level limit, but how quickly you got there. Thankfully there are some mods that deal with this.

Any recommendations for mods that make certain ammo types and stimpacks rarer? And also empty at least most of the containers that are not guarded? It makes no sense to find Nuka-Cola in most of the machines.

Back
Top Bottom