Something Special

Arhu

Two Sides
Staff Member
Administrator
Do you know those things you find on the internet which are so unique and interesting that you just have to share them with someone else? Videos, pictures, flash games, strange websites - you name it. Let's see if we can start a collection here.

Last edited:
Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

.alphamonkey said:
It’s interesting (to say the least) to see a beauty brand make such a concentrated effort to dismantle the mythos and effects of marketing’s ceaseless selling of beauty, but Dove has been working toward that end for most of 2006. The new spots work two angles to a single approach: The first spot, called ’Evolution‘ deconstructs the marketed ideal of beauty by showing us just how unrealistic (and produced) that standard really is.

http://www.transbuddha.com/mediaHolder.php?id=2308

Quite thought provoking, actually.

Source: Transbuddha

Not surprizing, but paintshop doesn't come in a bottle. So beauty is not in the eye of the beholder, it is in the number of pixels you decide to change when you edit. ;)

I remember editing the pic for my last job application... add a highlight here, make the lips more symmetrical... since then I have edited pics for other people's job applications as well, from smoothing skin to hair re-dos to adding makeup. Total conversions, so to say, which is, in a sense, cruel.... some HR folks won't even look at some applications just because the pics are unfavorable.

I like Dove ads in general - they generally show more normal looking folks (wrinkly, big, whatever) which is pretty clever - it makes me like them, and I guess that's what's intended because they want to sell their stuff.

Back
Top Bottom