I love a story with a happy ending.

You don't know that. You must believe Zimmerman's testimony, which is laughable, considering he is a proven liar and untrustworthy…
That's called the ad hominem, congratulations you used it "properly".

Also we DO know everything. There's no defensive wounds on trayvon of any kind just a bullet hole. Whoops! Sorry you and txa can make shit up all day but it won't stand up in court (and didn't).

That's called the ad hominem, congratulations you used it "properly".

Also we DO know everything. There's no defensive wounds on trayvon of any kind just a bullet hole. Whoops! Sorry you and txa can make shit up all day but it won't stand up in court (and didn't).

Sadly you are also clueless about the law. We do NOT know everything, period. Your statement is circumstantial and you have made an evidentiary leap where none exists .

:lol:

Well, you don't know anything about the case anyway, or the law, and just make up whatever you want as you go. Maybe if you were A Killer (evil evil KIILER KILLLIER) who'd had to defend himself to survive at some point your thinking would be different.

And I bet you and thrasher have not said a single lie in your lives. Oh wait you both have, in this thread alone. So we can (and I do) discount every inane word that passes your lips from here to eternity.

The thing is - it is at least as likely that Zimmerman initiated contact, meaning that Martin was equally doing 'what he felt was necessary to save his life'. Again, we will never know for sure. There was too little evidence to convict because it is circumstantial.
You're going to have to make up your mind. Either we don't know anything for sure (outside of the undisputed fact that Martin was identified by the closest thing we have to an eyewitness as the aggressor) or you've got your ironclad proof of racism. Can't really have it both ways.

You're going to have to make up your mind. Either we don't know anything for sure (outside of the undisputed fact that Martin was identified by the closest thing we have to an eyewitness as the aggressor) or you've got your ironclad proof of racism. Can't really have it both ways.

There is plenty of dispute ... There was no eyewitness, there were multiple people hearing many conflicting things.

There are only three undisputed truths ... Zimmerman actively pursued someone who had every right to be where he was, Martin ended up on top of Zimmerman during the scuffle, and Zimmerman killed Martin.

It cannot be proven that Zimmerman racially profiled, nor can it be proven that Martin initiated contact.

Looks like America has spoken and Barack/Biden truly did misread public opinion that badly.

http://news.yahoo.com/2-colo-lawmakers-ousted-gun-control-recalls-065302400.html

Angered by new limits on ammunition magazines and expanded background checks, gun-rights activists tried to recall a total of four lawmakers but only succeeded in launching efforts against Morse and Giron. It was the first for state legislators since Colorado adopted the procedure in 1912.

And before anyone starts babbling about the NRA, a little perspective:
Reported contributions to Morse and Giron totaled about $3 million, dwarfing the amount raised by gun activists who petitioned for the recall, though some independent groups didn't have to report spending. Both the NRA and Bloomberg contributed more than $300,000 to the pro- and anti-recall campaigns.
This one was decided by the people, rather than the money.

Yep, white Christian Americans ARE proud of their increasingly violent, religious-nut, anti-science selves.

Obama overestimated the intelligence of the population, who are affronted at the effort to remove the McCarthy era 'under gawd' from the Ledge (which is clearly unconstitutional) yet waggle the constitution about guns, gunz, GUNZZZ!

I still can't make up my mind if you are just a very stupid person or a very stupid troll MJW…

Well, with unsupported name calling like that, I'm certainly convinced.

Back to point...

Interesting that initial news reports on the Naval Center attack talked about an AR-15 assault rifle, conveniently the same as used in Newtown. Somehow, as more facts come out, there wasn't even an assault rifle of any sort used. If the facts don't fit the narrative from the gun control fanatics, then just make it up as you go, I guess. Sad.

Well, with unsupported name calling like that, I'm certainly convinced.

Back to point…

Interesting that initial news reports on the Naval Center attack talked about an AR-15 assault rifle, conveniently the same as used in Newtown. Somehow, as more facts come out, there wasn't even an assault rifle of any sort used. If the facts don't fit the narrative from the gun control fanatics, then just make it up as you go, I guess. Sad.

Um, you are the one politicizing things. Details came out, we're wrong and got corrected.

That doesn't change the fact that one of our 'heroes' who was part of our 'war on terror' and constitutionally owned weapons ... Is a mass murderer. We are creating them because of our addiction to violence and war, and we ensure they are armed. That is really just a sad state of affairs, not meant to be political ... But it makes for a pretty sad country for our kids

CNN reported as AR15 shotgun, knowing a shotgun was used! the magic AR15 connection continues.

"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." - Rahm Emanuel

CNN reported as AR15 shotgun, knowing a shotgun was used! the magic AR15 connection continues.

It amazes me that with the number of reports talking about the shotgun, there are still AR15 leads...

One thing I heard was that he brought in the shotgun (confirmed) and grabbed a pistol from someone he killed (confirmed) and also an AR15 (not confirmed). Is that more of the same crap reporting?

On the positive side, I turned on NPR radio for my 5 mile commute home last night, and they spent more time on the victims than the killer ... for once. Yay.

Um, you are the one politicizing things. Details came out, we're wrong and got corrected.
Thing is, Mike, this isn't somebody writing down the wrong model number. Not only was the assault rifle angle created out of thin air, but the magical creation was somehow the poster child for assault rifle bans following Newtown. Even if we give it the slightest thought, reports were "3 shots fired". Sound like an assault rifle to you? If you're actually going to claim that this was an honest mistake, I've got some waterfront property in Florida for ya.

Thing is, Mike, this isn't somebody writing down the wrong model number. Not only was the assault rifle angle created out of thin air, but the magical creation was somehow the poster child for assault rifle bans following Newtown. Even if we give it the slightest thought, reports were "3 shots fired". Sound like an assault rifle to you? If you're actually going to claim that this was an honest mistake, I've got some waterfront property in Florida for ya.

I was willing to write it off ... But the continued inaccurate use is either sloppy reporting, copy and paste 'journalism', an agenda or a combination of all three. Which is insulting.

See, this is exactly why gun owners have become resistant to even minimal, "common sense" steps in the direction of gun control. When the other side (not you specifically, BTW) is openly dishonest in nearly every situation, both in their public campaign and in their supposed goals (versus the stated goal of complete elimination of guns by any and all methods)? Who wants to give the inch that turns into the mile, even if the inch makes good sense?

If the gun control folks would attempt to be honest for a change, things like improved background checks and tighter controls on "gun show" sales might actually have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom