Wasteland 2 - New Beta Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The promised beta update for Wasteland 2 has been released, and should automatically download on Steam, but keep in mind it's a 4.7 GB update.

You can also check out the the full changelog on the games Tumblr page.

Wasteland 2 Early Beta Update #39080 Notes

High Profile Fixes:

The Titans have been released! A new area is available.

The vendor screen has been completely redesigned!

Tutorials have been added

New Mark Morgan tracks

Large balance pass on weapons and dropsets across the world

Large armor penetration pass on weapons and armor class pass on enemies

Many optimizations and compatibility fixes

Tons of new ambient tracks and in-world sounds added to all AZ levels

Ag Center/Highpool/Prison now unlocked from start

Ag Center and Highpool can both fall now

Reduced loading times across all scenes

HOTFIX: fixed infinite loading issue in certain areas
More information.

The only update I'm interested in is seeing the price come down. I play so many alphas and early access games, many of which have crowd sourced origins, and this is the only one that uses kickstarter backers as an excuse for insane pricing aimed at bleeding players. It's really tainted my formerly good opinion of Fargo. It just seems really greedy to price gauge when your development has been funded by the community.

Sorry but I don't see anything insane with the price.
Then again, I avoid playing alphas and betas. Skyrim reminded me it's not healthy for me to play a game that will never exit beta phase. In a way, I can't be objective on current state of Wasteland2.

It was available during the KS for $15, that's a damn good price! I look forward to playing it on release. :)

Daniel.

Kind of hard for Inexile to have a $55 KS pledge level then turn around and sell the same thing on Steam for less.
"It just seems really greedy to price gauge when your development has been funded by the community."
It would be a death sentence to screw over your initial founders by offering it for less. They would never again be able to go to a crowd funded source if they did that. If any thing I have even more respect for Fargo for doing what he did. I know I would never again support any company who took my pledge level and then several months later sold it for less on a steam early access.
I know I will have to wait to play WL 2 until it if finished, because I did not want to spend any more then for base game access, but my hat goes off to those who have bought in to the early access because it has made for a much much better game then I signed up for in the KS campaign.

But Voquar you kind of sound a bit entitled saying that "hey some one else payed to make this game so I should get it for cheep - It's not like the company needs to make any money" If you don't want to pay full price you either wait for a sale or take the risk a KS pledge entails.

Skyrim reminded me it's not healthy for me to play a game that will never exit beta phase.
:lol: You said it, brother.

I agree with Terry, Inxile are doing the right thing in my book. If you want to pay less you just wait, what's the problem with that? I wait although I do have access already. I'm thinking about trying it out some more, but I'm afraid that I won't be able to quit if I do...

Back
Top Bottom