Original Sin - Kickstarter Update #38, The Aftermath

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
This post Kickstarter update for Divinity Original Sin brings us a video where David esplains how they are dealing with all the pledges and add-ons.

Both RPGWatch and RPGCodex are mentioned in the video as gathering over $10K in their respective fundraisers. We are both linked to as well, although they managed to interchange the links so the RPGWatch link now leads to the Codex and theirs link to us :)
In addition they also refer to this gamespot review.
What I enjoyed most about the combat, however, was that you can perform cleverer tactics than just pounding on goblins and guards with steel and magic until they fall over dead. Instead, you can use the environment to your advantage, and at no time was this put to better use than in the final battle of the demo. At first I faced a number of skeletal archers who plodded towards me, eager to put an arrow between my character's eyes. Fortunately, I was able to turn the ground under them to ice, causing them to slip and fall, and buying me extra time to chop them into submission. Ultimately, I faced a giant elemental called an infernal twin, but was fortunate enough for a wall to shield me from its fiery blasts. Elsewhere, I put an end to a foe by zapping the water he was standing in with a bolt of electricity. Barrels of oil, puddles of poison goo--these elements and more encourage you to find creative ways of dealing with your foes.
More information.

It remains to be seen if D:OS will replace U7 as my all time favorite CRPG. But Swen has already replaced Richard Garriot as my, 'Willy Wonka' of computer role playing games.

God, I love these guys.

I was watching the livestream when Kiril's keyboard fell off its perch. It was startling and hilarious at the same time :D

I want the editor that's all. I can't wait to create and play mods just like the nwn games.

I want them to finish Original Sin and Dragon Commander so they can start working on a sequel to Dragon Knight Saga. Not to mention that I also really want to play those games. :)

God, I love these guys.

I was watching the livestream when Kiril's keyboard fell off its perch. It was startling and hilarious at the same time :D

Eheheh, very funny.
Not to mention the cake almost sliding to the floor... Good reflexes there, Swen. :)

I watched it, too, but didn't log into the Chat.
I just wished the sound had been much better at the beginning of his "concert".
But David & Kirill singing together was priceless !

Back
Top Bottom