Dishonored - Review Roundup #2

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Given the amount of reviews of Dishonored here is another roundup of review, that all have a similar score.

More information.

Tomorrow, I will find out if this game is "overscored" or not.

i dont even care if I like it or not. The game design promotes the things i want in a game
these reviews will make these important design choices mainstream at last

can you imagine that world..

i dont even care if I like it or not. The game design promotes the things i want in a game

excellent point

this months issue of PC Gamer talks about Immersive Sims of which Dishonored is one (Deus Ex(s), Bio Shock(s) etc.) and it postulates all are true to their genre and are for the most part commercially successful.

Let us hope these scores are well deserved.

Tin foil hat haha. So if cd projekt released this you would believe the reviews? Skyrim got great reviews to...is that because they "paid" off people?

Tin foil hat haha. So if cd projekt released this you would believe the reviews? Skyrim got great reviews to…is that because they "paid" off people?

God, rune, is that all you ever post about, how everyone else is too critical?

God, rune, is that all you ever post about, how everyone else is too critical?

To critical or irrationally critical heh.

I love it when people like you focus on what I am doing instead of what I commeted on. Childish.

I have made many posts about other things, gave many reviews on games and such. Why I have to defend myself is beyond me. As the years go by this site gets closer and closer to being like the codex, some people like that, many don't.

well put. but "So if cd projekt released this you would believe the reviews? Skyrim got great reviews to…is that because they "paid" off people?" makes no sense for me

1. i dont like cd project. 2) I dont like Skyrim 3) i believe the reviewers "LIKE" skyrim 4) i believe the reviewers don't have the same value system as myself.

but i agree with your attitude

To critical or irrationally critical heh.

I love it when people like you focus on what I am doing instead of what I commeted on. Childish.

I have made many posts about other things, gave many reviews on games and such. Why I have to defend myself is beyond me. As the years go by this site gets closer and closer to being like the codex, some people like that, many don't.

Something like your last post ""Tin foil hat haha. So if cd projekt released this you would believe the reviews? Skyrim got great reviews to…is that because they "paid" off people? "makes it hard to focus comments on what you commented on, because there is not content, really. And I haver read that same comment in a few variations countless times now.
I just feel this behavior unecessarily disrupts a lot of threads, often degrading into personal disputes between you and a couple of others. If you feel that is all the fault of "people like me", than there is no more I can say, and I'll leave it at that, because I don't want to contribute to what I just criticized. Cheers, mate.

(P.S. I do of course appreciate your other contributions, particularly your reader interviews)

Last edited:
Got a chance to play about an hour of this. I started on normal difficulty and that was a mistake. When I return to it I will start over and play on hard.

On normal you can pretty much sneak right up behind guards with no effort even with other guards in the room you can sneak in kill 1 and sneak out and no one will notice. Also they will ignore the dead body. If you do alert them you can just hide behind something and they will assume they are just hearing things and will not look for you.

The gameplay is good and feels right as far as keyboard and mouse controls. Although I did have to switch my mouse attacks as it had the right button for the left hand and vice versa. Just like skyrim. Also wish there was a third person view but that's just personal preference. The first area is pretty linear ( tutorial basically) and you don't get any good powers yet so I can't comment on that.

The premise of the story seems solid and seems like it could go in many directions.

Overall these are very early impressions but I played an hour of XCOM as well and enjoyed it more and will probably go back to it before dishonored but like I said its just 1 hour take it for what it's worth. If you do pick it up though I'd say don't waste time with normal difficulty.

I have always been irritated by how too many RPG fans are quite aggressive about how a RPG should be or should not be and reading your post makes me throw you in that category (I know Dishonored isn't RPG).

But what you mention is more or less the reason I bought it. I firmly feel that's there's a lot of hypocrisy floating around this game, with many people that half force them to be very positive or enthusiastic about that game. But in reality it's not that fun.

But still I also get the feeling that even if it's a game probably half failed, the team tried something else for many design topics. I think I'll get half bored/half pleased but I also got the feeling that it's one that will be interesting to discover and dig a little, even if the gameplay is half failed and the game quite short.

Back
Top Bottom