Daggerfall - 15th Anniversary

Ahhh.. Daggerfall. This was the game I used to get my wife hooked on RPGs. She's been an addict like me ever since. :) I can still clearly remember the feeling of emerging above-ground after conquering the first dungeon. It felt a bit like stepping through Alice's looking glass. It was the first time I had that deep (and slightly awkward) feeling of being in a virtual world in which I could go anywhere, do anything,… something we kind of take for granted in open-world games now.

It was also buggy as all get-out! But, void-be-damned I didn't care. :)

Best move for anybody that hasn't already done so on this Daggerfall occasion is to go ahead and bookmark this site, perhaps download, but mainly just sit on the edge of your seat and wait with baited breath.

http://xlengine.com/

I've been following the DaggerXL project for several years already. I'm starting to have doubts that it'll ever actually be completed, but it looks to be awesome if he can pull it off..

Hey I have an original copy but didn't get a dagger letter opener...dang.

Well, it's the first time for me to play Daggerfall. The graphic details reminds me of Doom 2D. I can't make sense with the controls, especially the spells and how to take items from a corpse. :S

BTW, I had to fix the graphic details of the DOSbox and bring them to my ideal resolution and stuff.

Neat! Brings back lots of memories of falling thru cracks in the world and seeing the dungeon from afar in the void.

:lol:

How do you get the letter opener? I never got one in my boxed copy. A side note...this is how it should be when you open a boxed copy of a game.

Mis-reading : "Daggerdale - 15 years anniversary"

Back
Top Bottom