Wasteland 2 - Gameplay Video

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
WL2 first look is up on Vimeo.
This is the first look at the current state of development for Wasteland 2.
The first part of the video is a collection of some of the radio broadcasts from our favorite cults of the Wasteland. After that Development Director Chris Keenan will give you a tour of the Agricultural Center and show off some of the features of the game including the combat system, the HUD, the skill system, and the keyword dialog system.
All of the game-play footage was captured directly from Unity. With the exception of the not implemented yet Mini Map and some placeholder sounds and portraits, this demo shows you what you can expect to see in Wasteland 2.
Tell us what you think of the video on our facebook page: facebook.com/Ranger.HQ

More information.

Looks incredibly fun! I especially like the flavor text window. No regrets about my pledge.

…not sure if repositioning the camera and searching indoors will become a nuisance.

Looks pretty good. The UI is way too big for my tastes - and I assume the early version code is responsible for the sluggish performance.

Beyond that, though, it looks like a great RPG with plenty of depth.

Looks pretty good. The UI is way too big for my tastes - and I assume the early version code is responsible for the sluggish performance.

Agreed, it's way too big but it's still early so they might change it.

Game itself look awesome you can see they are putting lot of attention to details.

and I assume the early version code is responsible for the sluggish performance.

..or because of the recording software. FRAPS easily kills 50% of the performance when recording games with it.

Looking good :)

It feels like fallout and i am SO glad it does !
Iam totally excited !!

The music is amazing and makes my heartbeat go high.

PS. The UI is in size and place adjustable.

Looks outstanding, so glad I bought into this:)

Looks great! A pretty slick interface and implementation. Presumably they'll have keyboard equivalents for many of the common actions (ctrl-a for select all, &c.) There's just a minor issue with some line-of-sight obstructions, making you have to rotate the view.

"A vegetarians wet dream..." Haha, brilliant flavout text. This look absolutely awesome, IF it does come out this year I doubt there'll be any real challengers for GOTY.

Looks incredibly fun! I especially like the flavor text window. No regrets about my pledge.

…not sure if repositioning the camera and searching indoors will become a nuisance.

I agree about the "flavor" texts. This and the comments about the dialog which will change depending on the situation reminded me heavily of Spiderweb Games.

While I used to play Games with lots of texts during the time of planescape torment, I was very sceptical about whether or not I will like to read that much text in the Spiderweb games.

And I enjoyed reading the texts very much. And that is because the are connected with the game. You do decisions in little dialog passages which you might or might not take. Also in Spiderweb games there is hardly "too much text at once", you always just get one or two sentences and click to the next response.
And while the texts seem a little longer in Wasteland 2, they seem as "woven" with the world as the spiderweb games do. If you realize in the text, that you can destroy a gate as it was mentioned, or that some action you did changes some dialog parts, that is awesome and keeps reading interesting.

I also love how the game mechanics work out so far and just hope that the cover system/ aiming calculation isn't as stupid as in X-Com as I described here. But as it is a hex based system my hopes are high that it works out better.

The sound and the atmosphere is also awesome. If I hadn't already bought the game they would have sold it to me with the faction presentation alone.

When I backed I was a little sceptical if they make the game too "weird and funny" instead of keeping "in character" of a grim and dark world. This video shows that there is no reason for that scepsis anymore.

Can't wait to play that game!

Looks awesome.
I wish it'd automatically select the best person for the job when using skills. There isn't much tactics or strategy involved in remembering which party member is the best at which thing and having to click through them, specially if there are a lot of skills.

Looks awesome.
I wish it'd automatically select the best person for the job when using skills. There isn't much tactics or strategy involved in remembering which party member is the best at which thing and having to click through them, specially if there are a lot of skills.

Guess that depends on wether it has other impacts. Like: Are their side effects? Maybe you may not want to open the door with your wounded guy because there might be people in the room shooting at him. Or maybe there is a trap on the door and he would not survive the damage. Or maybe another character isnt as good as lockpicking but might have spotted the trap.

Besides of that I think with such a few number of party members and with a total game time which will exceed the 2h mark, you will be able to remember your party member's skills. :)

Dam I should have backed this game.It is like BaldursGate with guns.

Combat looks impressive. Showed quite a few possible tactics in the video.

Looks better than I had expected so far, glad I pledged.

Back
Top Bottom