Dark Souls II - Interview @ The Guardian

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Guardian has a new video were they interview Peter Serafinowicz on Dark Souls II.

WARNING: This Video Contains Strong Language

Best known for his appearances in Spaced, Shaun of the Dead and Look Around you, actor and comedian Peter Serafinowicz will next be seen – or more accurately, heard – in forthcoming fantasy adventure game Dark Souls II. Here, the keen gamer discusses his role as mysterious character Pate, and his love for what many regard as the hardest video game on the planet
More information.

Nah, I'd rather have an actual Fan of the game (and someone that has finished it once or twice) talk about it…

Even if he is kinda goofy… and corny… and eye roll inducing :D He still gets a chuckle out of me (and I actually like his voice bit on the game that I've heard) ;)

Please please find someone else to talk about Dark Souls, all I am hearing is the following which makes no sense:

I'm with you. He lost me at, 'Dark Souls is like, it's just like, it's a game...' And this 'just got out of bed' look plays into every negative stereotype about gamers I wish he'd take a shower, brush his hair, and just generally look and sound prepared.

And step off your lawn? ;)

Although he is probably too old for that one :lol:

I'm so glad they are going with the British voices. That American voice-over in the reveal trailer was a bit worrisome.

@ TheMadGamer
I don't follow. He never says 'Dark Souls is like, it's just like, it's a game…'. Are you referring to another video?

They are referring to this video where he is quoting Miyazaki that basically says that games should stop trying to be interactive movies... Something I wholeheartedly agree btw especially considering the quality of writing/acting and "scene directing" in 90% of those games (cough Bioware cough i.e. ;) )...

I do love a good story told through this medium and I don't expect Literature or Serious Cinema quality. I just wish they tried to be a bit less corny and did not completely forget that gameplay thingy ;)

Right. That one, yes.

Well, I actually agree with the quote. I can see how it sounds a bit silly and obvious at first, but I think that's one of the strengths of DS really, that it doesn't forget to be a game. In a time when some many games try to be so many things, and often sacrificing the gameplay in the process, DS stands out. The developers knew exactly what they wanted the game to be and made it that and nothing more, resisting the urge to throw in all kinds of fancy rubbish along the way. I see what he means, and I agree.

I don't follow. He never says 'Dark Souls is like, it's just like, it's a game…'. Are you referring to another video?

You'll find that gem of a quote here.

He annoys me as well but his voice does sound pretty good in game.

Looking forward to the pc release, hopefully I'll finish 1 by then.

I'm surprised they haven't announced a ps4 or xbone version. I wouldn't play on console anyway I need my K&M but I'm still surprised. I'm sure they will port it eventually.

Back
Top Bottom