RPGWatch - Game of the Year 2013 Voting

Yep, can agree in all points :)
And I also act myself as the character. An "idealized me" in a different world. That's also why I always play male characters and hate it when the game forces me into bad decisions. Skyrim had a few horrible quests in that matter: E.g. a quest where you couldn't move on unless you sacrifice one of your companions or a quest where you had to steal something and had no option to to give it away to the guards. So I had to either keep the quest unfinished in my quest log forever - or reload and don't even accept it.

The cam in dead speace really was unconventional. But that also made me stop playing the game 2 times. Only after the third time, when friends told me how great the game is and that you get used to the camera after a while I tried again and finished the game.

Skyrim had a few horrible quests in that matter: E.g. a quest where you couldn't move on unless you sacrifice one of your companions
Actually that's the rare quest Skyrim did the right thing with.

All those capable-to-be-companions NPCs were designed so pathetic you really don't get even a bit of stress by making one of them dead. Of course you won't sacrifice Lydia, you need her to badmouth her passage blocking.
And why would you care really? In Skyrim nothing gets dead for good, everything respawns except your hero, so that NPC will be resurrected by the engine one way or another, why would you miss an opportunity to grab an item then?

That's what I meant - I wouldn't complete this quest purely because it's against my personal alignment.
And I don't mind not getting an item. But the game doesn't even offer a method to end this quest without reward. You can't even abandon this quest.

Back
Top Bottom