Skyrim - Screens @ RPS

Cute reference Demiath and welcome to the forums!! :)

Intersting writeup - seems like someone was bored :)
The way the clouds float around the mountains - thats an effect I haven't seen before, I think.

That's probably volumetric fog (3D volume instead of 2D illusion). You'd have seen it in Crysis as you parachuted out the plane.

And you won't see it in the real game I suppose. Those devs are notorious liars. Remember their Oblivion propaganda?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjbx6-KQoRg

People like you sure make my day a bit better, I needed a good laugh.

The shots look great, not sure you can say anything bad about them really without comming across as a bit of a nut job.

Ooh! I'm a nut job, but I don't have anything bad to say. I did like this quote on one of the fan music videos for the Skyrim theme:

You should have pre-ordered. It's already here. Bethesda told of its return. Fallout 3, was merely its delay. For the time after Oblivion was released; When the developers of Fallout New Vegas would sacrifice their own time. But no one wanted to believe, believe it was ever scheduled. And when the trailer finally dawns, it dawns on fire! Know, there's one that Bioware and Mass Effect 3 will fear: In their circles, it is called The Elder Scrolls V... SKYRIM!

This guy's even more of a nut than I am. Clever though :)

Those are just a few of the gameinformer pics.

And now they're released to the public, which means those of us who don't use GI or scans see it for the first time. Bethesda always does this same cycle. First the magazine exclusives, then screenshots that all the magazines use are given to the internet, then internet interviews and previews. Rinse and repeat.

You're not alone, these screenshots sucks.

You're such a grumpy Goth ;)
I must say though that the screenshots still remind strongly of Oblvion. There are incremental improvements, but nothing that really stands out stylistically. It all "fits" but not in a spectacular way. However, if the video was anything to go by, animation has indeed been greatly improved.

It's not that impressive looking, going from an heavily modded Morrowind.. It does look better than Oblivion though, but i always thought Oblivion looked a bit like those Tiger Woods golf games hehe. Gonna look great on PC after some mods though + possibly some DX11 enhancments and whatnot. Can't wait to pla.. mod i mean.

I think they look great, and way beyond modded Morrowind and Oblivion.

But we all know there's a difference between static screenshots and a game in motion.

Still, I'd bet my hat (if I had one) that it'll look much better than Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 in motion.

Still, I'd bet my hat (if I had one) that it'll look much better than Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 in motion.

It should. Because the Oblivion/Fallout engine is just terrible. I recently started a new Fallout New Vegas game and was shocked how bad the engine really is.
I then downloaded a bunch of mods and now it looks far better than ever before but it is still nothing to brag about.

I don't see how those screenshot look anything like Oblivion.

This is what Oblivion look like.

Back
Top Bottom