Grotesque Tactics - "Premium" Gone Gold

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I don't actually know what the Premium Edition is, but it's gone Gold for Grotesque Tactics. Presumably this is the promised English version, since the press release came to us via a UK PR service:
Grotesque Tactics - Premium Edition is golden

Dueren, May 25th 2010 – Headup Games and Silent Dreams today announce that their upcoming SRPG title (strategy-RPG) Grotesque Tactics – Premium has equaled goldmaster status.

Grotesque Tactics combines the features and clichés of Western and Asian console role playing games (such as Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics) and provides an high-ly addicting and entertaining change to the current more serious role playing titles. To protect the kingdom from the merciless cult “The Dark Church” which has murdered all heroes and knights you will have to hire dubious soldiers – and rescue jealous maidens who will follow you into combat as your groupies. Up to 10 heroes are deployed in tactical battles to take on the Dark Church with their special abilities.
The developers of Grotesque Tactics are deeply focused to bring across the fascination of the Strategy RPG genre known through more serious titles such as Heroes of Might and Magic, Jagged Alliance or King’s Bounty.

On the side Grotesque Tactics throws a lot of dialogues and a grand story in your face mimicking the whole RPG genre in a most humo¬rous way including numerous side blows towards Oblivion, Final Fantasy or Lord of the Rings. Grotesque Tactics is funny with a great plot and gives you a tactical challenge to remember.

Features

• Turn based tactical battles with the funniest animations yet seen in any RPG
• Distinctive party members such as the arrogant Holy Avatar, the blood thirsty Vampire Solithaire, the sweet but hot-tempered Angel Angelina and many more
• Gorgeous villages & landscapes and sinister & dark dungeons
• Scantily dressed maidens to be freed from the grasp of merciless monsters
• Enormous, highly detailed and very pissed off end bosses
• Classical RPG elements: Quests, treasures, trade, leveling and out¬fitting of the party,…
More information.

The "Premium Version" is the improved Grotesque Tactics for the german retail and now also the international market.
This new version has better graphics, 3d cam, a new explore mode, more quests, items etc.

I'm going to have to check out this game some time in the near future.

Still seems like it has potential, though it has surely traveled a strange road up to the present day in terms of dev and whatnot...

Any played this yet, sounds like there might be an English release according to the official website?

The trailer looks stupid. I don't mind funny, but I guess I don't share that kind of humor.

Germans appear to have quite a strange kind of humour.

I don't care about trailers :) I'm interested in the gameplay, and the little I've seen looks very promising, but obviously, the most important part (the AI) can't be seen in videos. Anybody play it yet?

I downloaded the demo and played it, I did not play so long and got an error message too..... but maybe it was not the premium version ?

Back
Top Bottom