Shadowrun Returns - Gameplay Footage

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Kotaku has a new Shadowrun Returns Let’s Play with over 30 minutes of gameplay. If you want to see the game in action, and have time to spare here it is.

More information.

Should be noted that this is a third-party module containing no spoilers for the main game.

Again, this looks like great fun, reminiscent of Fallout in some ways (never played original Shadowruns). Still, I don't dig the UI for tablets whatsoever.

It does look fun. Anyone know how the main game works? Do you just go on missions from a "load out" type screen, or are there hubs to wander around in or what?

I really like the art for this game and its looking quite fun. The mod was remarkably well done for a game that's not released yet which give me hope the mod tools are good. Movement/action reminds me of the recent XCOM which I thought worked well for turnbased. The second episode of his playthrough of the mod was quite a bit more interesting though combat heavy. Will be curious how the game plays out if you don't try to pick fights with everything.

Link to the second part of this episode here.

For the sake of convenience:

Episode 2

Episode 3

Gameplay looks very good although the narrator/player can get annoying at times with asinine comments and overreactions. Quite a lot of bugs were encountered but that was probably due to the unfinished nature of the mod rather than the core engine. At least I hope so.

All in all, very good impressions. I'm really digging the art style and the music.

Cool to have some gameplay footage. I'd prefer something a bit more official and more coherent. Most of the time, including here, "let's play" style videos kind of feel lacking bordering on intolerable.

Cool to have some gameplay footage. I'd prefer something a bit more official and more coherent. Most of the time, including here, "let's play" style videos kind of feel lacking bordering on intolerable.

In this case you kind of get what you pay for. The design certainly looks clean and easy on the eyes.

I enjoyed that, looking forward to playing! :D

Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom