Diablo 3 - Getting an Expansion in 2013

aries100

SasqWatch
Mike Morhaine from Blizzard Entertainment confirmed that an expansion for Diablo 3 will be released in 2013. It happened during a 2012 earnings call. Gamespy speculates:
Could the expansion alleviate many of the issues gamers had with Diablo 3? That's far too hard to tell at this point, but it is worth having a fun bit of speculation regarding what exactly will be in this particular expansion. I figure the story will revolve around Leah's mother, Adria, and we'll probably get one or two more playable characters. What do you think we'll see in this expansion and/or what would you like to see happen with Diablo 3?
More information.

The two new classes are archivist and wololo.

Games like Diablo are all about the loot and skill development. Both of these aspects of the game in D3 are terribly boring. I don't know how an expansion will fix it. Not totally closed minded to the possiblity, but given Blizzard's committment to the auction house and 'streamlining' of character development, I can't imagine the game changing much.

Too little too late if you ask me.

I'll finish it as well, because I'm a completionist, and it'd feel strange not to have a look after owning vanilla, but it's got very little incentive whatsoever.

This is the first (non-WoW) Blizzard product since War Craft (#1) that I will be staying the hell away from. I do not trust this team.

I just started playing Torchlight 2 a few days ago and it is far more fun than Diablo 3.

The integration of the auction house in Diablo 3, making all drops in the game nothing more than vendor trash, really destroyed the game for me. Finding loot myself is what made the older diablo games great. I am definitely passing on anything for Diablo 3. Maybe they will get it right again in Diablo 4.

Didn't they say there will be no more Diablo games? Something about them realizing that this is an old formula, and also the story kind of came to a closure. I wouldn't mind to be honest, they have done enough damage as it is.

Here's hoping they've learned something and improve itemization and class replayability.

I've come to appreciate the skill design. I quite enjoy having the option to change out my skill kit to meet the current challenge as well as find new ways to use combinations of skills without having to roll another character from level 1. I understand why some would prefer the old way, but frankly, I don't have the time to play 2 or 3 different versions of each class through like I did in the old days. Having said that, I'd still like some say in what attributes improve, but that's a minor thing.

I'd like them to just focus on making the item system more complex and interesting. Bring back runewords, add a recipe system like the old Cube but more useful and deep, and continue to give folks more reasons to use an item that isn't just a DPS/PrimeStat/Vit boost.

If I had to pick a second improvement, take the foundation of what they've started with the random quests and events and improve on it greatly. Add a crap-ton more of those and make them much more complex/deep/interesting.

40€ for an expansion. And that's priced accordingly for an expansion apparently…

Blizzard FAQ said:
We do view Heart of the Swarm as an expansion set, so for the regions that have a standard box business model such as North America and Europe, we will price accordingly.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/heart-of-the-swarm-preview/faq#q7

Dread to think what they think a new game should cost…

Back
Top Bottom