Released kickstarter games

I didn't support that one on KS, dunno how I missed it, probably because it's not RPG and when I browse games there I search for RPGs only. :(

But seeing the project page now, I'm definetly buying no matter what "this is not on Zenimax engine thus it's overpriced" Steam trolls claim.

Yeah saw that thread on Steam, was just a troll. I don't think the guy had actually played the game, the thesis being that because it's using the Unity engine it somehow doesn't warrant more than a $5 price point!?

There are few more similar claims on other pages, but no one who claims that didn't play game yet, but that is steam community.
I supported this on KS and it looks quite promising, just downloaded it but haven't had a chance to run it up yet.

Post impressions when you do.

This is on of higher profile releases.They did get 260k to finish game, but they had huge media and community attention attention so I am surprised this doesn't have more on release reviews, but if I had to guess it's because they haven't sent review codes on time.

Post impressions when you do.

*Very first impression*

Just started the campaign/tutorial. It's fun and professionally put together and the controls are intuitive for anyone who has played this type of game before. OK the cut scenes and interactive dialogues are not going to win any prizes versus AAA games, but wasn't expecting that.

This just the kind of thing I was hoping for from Kickstarter and they've done it all on a comparatively very low budget probably less than $1/2m including KS funds. So far looks like this is shaping up to be the best *released* crowd funded game I've backed - although there isn't a lot of competition right now, as everything else is seriously late :).

I almost forgot to add Paper sorcerer.Looks like dev isn't trying too hard to promote game, it isn't available anywhere except on official site and only place it's mentioned is here and codex.I have pre-ordered game but I am waiting for bug fixes.

Also I bought Battle worlds:Kronos and I completed first mission, so far so good.

i myself also were planning to give it a shot to kickstarter but they accept only USA and UK :(

Added 2 more games to list:

Full bore: Exploration puzzle game, with boar as main protagonist.Only few reviews, but positive around 80/100 and interestingly gamespot is among them(gave it 7/10).
Legends of dungeon:Co-op roguelike beat'em'up.Reviews really range for this game from few bellow 40 to few above 80.

Added Mysterious cities of gold-secret paths to the list.It's isometric adventure game based on cartoon of same that according to imdb was originally aired in 1982/1983.It got 46k on kickstarter which was mostly for localisation in several different languages(game was originally intended to be released only in French).
Game is available on PC,iPone,iPad,WiiU and 3DS.From what I can see graphics and voice acting are faithful to original cartoon.No reviews yet, but game came out yesterday so we might see some soon.

I almost forgot to add Paper sorcerer.Looks like dev isn't trying too hard to promote game, it isn't available anywhere except on official site and only place it's mentioned is here and codex.I have pre-ordered game but I am waiting for bug fixes.

Also I bought Battle worlds:Kronos and I completed first mission, so far so good.

I bought Paper Sorcerer on GamersGate few days ago, just for curiosity and price decently low (5 bucks or Euro don't remember).

I pledged Battle worlds:Kronos with a base pledge like 25/30 I don't remember. Now at mission 12, it's just a huge great game, first real KS released for me (previous was paypal pledges after the campaign) and it's a huge satisfaction. I regret not have pledge more.

It refreshed the memory of Battle Isle hugely well and I bet that if I try replay Battle Isle I'll feel it tedious in comparison of Kronos.

For now my satisfaction level on KS released is extremely high.

I seen this game on another thread and I am not sure I should add it to list but I am going to do it anyway.

Fantasy Kommander-Eukarion wars.Startegy game inspired by SSI games.Got only 1.1k on flexible funding on indiegogo Slitherine covered rest of costs.No reviews yet.

Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse has been released

Darkout is in Steam now too: http://store.steampowered.com/app/257050/, a survival action/platformer

Added to list.Have you tried it?Since there are no reviews some impressions would be nice.

Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse has been released

One more big release.Game is broken into 2 episodes, second should be released in Q1 2014.There are only few reviews for it now they are around 60/100.
Conclusion from metro.co.uk summarizes all of them well.
In Short: Pure fan service in every sense, which ensures an enjoyably nostalgic adventure but also means a number of flaws that wouldn’t be tolerated in other circumstances.
Thing I like to see from kickstarted sequel.

Added Risk of rain.Action platformer rogue like.Game got lot of attention from big sites and got positive reviews on them.Game also has online and local co-op.
Totalbiusuit also did WTF is video

Added Consortium to list.First game from planed trilogy.It focuses heavily on Dialogs, roleplaying and C&C.Game is bugy atm so I would wait for few patches before getting this.There are no reviews yet(I assume they will send review codes once they patch game), and not lot of impressions on quality of writing and gameplay itself yet.

I backed this game on KS but I will wait for few patches.I will probably try it for hour or 2.

Banner saga has been released just now(or should be unless something unexpected happen).It's one of big kickstarters and one that might give much needed wind in sails of crowdfunding.

Game attracted lot of attention and most of reviews are very positive.
Here are some:

Gaming trend:90
Hardcore gaming magazine:90
Games radar:90
Gamer.no:90
Gaming nexus:88
IGN:86
Game informer:85
Eurogamer:80
Game revolution:60

RPS also did Wot I think, and it's positive but author says that in second half of game he more endured story than enjoy it but praised writing.

As you can see game is received very well in critic.

I didn't support it on KS because IIRC I've written that the presentation reminded me on Pirate101 MMO and I didn't like that game unlike Wizard101 MMO.

But now on Steam I see it's a singleplayer game?! How the hell I've got the wrong impression from the presentation thinking it's just another MMO charade?
Whatever, please someone who did support it on KS share some details, if it's a nice singleplayer game (rich story, no respawns, save anywhere?), I'm buying.

Back
Top Bottom