Risen - Receives BIU Gold Award

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The German entertainment software association (BIU) gave publisher Deep Silver a BIU Gold Award for their game Risen. This is the official confirmation that Piranha Bytes' RPG sold through 100k on one platform in the German market.
The best selling PC game this year is probably Anno 1404, which received a BIU Platin Award for 200k on one platform.
More information.

I played anno1404 and believe me it's interesting for a few days, but then it gets boring. Just like Spore. And it's not better than anno1701. And I can't explain why everyone buys it.

But Risen? Hey I've already replayed it! Perhaps I will replay it again in a few months... But to replay (anything in) anno1404? Nah. You won't be seeing that movie.

Whatever the reward is about, PB deserved it.

Anno does 'look' quite good even though I can't stand to play those kinds of games.

But, they are two different markets, Strategy vs. RPG, and the subsets of each reach different amounts of people.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Anno market is bigger than the Risen one and therefore sells more.

Just as the Risen market isn't as big as the Final Fantasy one. They are two different types of RPGs with two different markets. Even they can't be compared.

Back
Top Bottom