Hooked Gamers - Nine Sequells They'd Like to See

aries100

SasqWatch
Hooked Gamers has an editorial about the rpg sequells they'd like to see.
The link: http://www.hookedgamers.com/features/2012/06/20/
nine_rpg_sequels_wed_like_to_see_now_that_diablo_iii_has_released.html

Among them are KOTOR 3, Icewind Dale 3, and Alpha Protocol 2.
A quote on AP2:
I couldn’t have been more surprised if I tried, when I put out a call to see what RPG sequels people most wanted and Alpha Protocol 2 came back as one of the top answers. However there is merit to the idea. Alpha Protocol had a ton of great ideas that ultimately fell flat; if polished to a shiny veneer, a sequel could deliver the goods as the game Obsidian originally intended to make.
More information.

A pretty terrible list, but they always are, so not big deal.

A pretty terrible list, but they always are, so not big deal.

Let's correct it a bit:

- Wizardry 9;
- Betrayal At Krondor II;
- Darklands II;
- Ultima Underworld III;

I keep Fallout 4 (more similar to the first two, of course, or even New Vegas), Lost Odyssey 2, KoToR 3 and IWD 3.

Fixed for me.

Since we are going pie in the sky, I'll add:
NWN III
Ultima Worlds of Adventure III
Wing Commander VI
Privateer III

Let's throw caution to the wind:
- Planescape: Torment II
- Wizardry 9
- Pool of Radiance: Aglarond
- Might and Magic X
- Neverwinter 3

Nothing wrong with the list. I would love to play sequels of the games listed.

Okay:

Might and Magic X
Amberstar III
Magic Candle IV
Legacy of the Ancients Reborn
Alternate Reality: The Dungeon
Wizardry 9: Resurrection
NWN3

"Let's throw caution to the wind:
- Planescape: Torment II"

During wasteland 2 kickstarter campaign Chris Avellone said that he will pobably go kickstarter for sequel to PS:T so it might happen(but it won't involve The Nameless one since his story ended with PS:T).

Gothic 4
System Shock 3
Arx Fatalis 2

I'll also add another vote to Wizardry 9 and M&M X even though I'm more likely to win the lottery than see those titles get developed.

The true sequal to Ultima VII….. whatever it should be called.
Wizardry 9 ( everyone obviously wants this )
BAK 2 of course
anachronox 2 would be great too, if a lot of the flaws were fixed, the humor and story-telling was part of the time fantastic.

My list:

-Arcanum 2
-Space rangers 3
-Stalker 2

Piranha bites got gothic licence back in 2011 so that might happen.

I hope so.. they seem very protective of their Gothic licence, just recently some dude wanted to make a Skyrim mod based on Gothic 1, that was a big no from PB who even replied in the thread..

Arcanum 2 yes please! Underworld 3 would be fantastic as well as Ultima 7 part III .. System Shock 3 would be amazing too.

Hmmm, apparently they don't wanna see a DA 3.....lol.

If I had to narrow mine down to two sequels, they would be BaK 2 and PST 2. I'd be giddy as a schoolgirl if either of those ever happen.

-Carn

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd want to see a PS:T 2. The story was so unique, and the way it ended would make it pretty tough to develop a credible sequel imo.

Give us another game in the Planescape universe, but I'd rather not see someone try to cash in on a "Torment 2".

A lot of good suggestions here. I would love to see the three sequels mentioned at the top - IWD3, AP2 and KotOR3. In addition to that, I would love to see the following:

- PST2: Like NWN2, IWD2 and so on it would not have to be TNO, but should include some of the cast (bumping into Dak'kon for example, maybe as part of a side quest).
- BG3: Same thing as PST2. Should not include the Bhaalspawn, but could include some of the characters (Jaheira, Valygar, etc).
- Arcanum 2: Explaining that one should not be needed.
- Nox 2: I loved Nox! Fascinating world, three original paths/classes to reach the end. Nox 2 could've been a solid kickstarter or indie project - I don't want a full blown 3D RPG, I want more of the same. Get some of the old Westwood guys together and get a kickstarter going!
- NWN3: Still lots of potential here, far more than the upcoming Neverwinter.
- Freelancer 2: I've been waiting for something to dethrone Freelancer for years now. Still hasn't happened.

As for Might & Magic, I'm not sure what I want to be honest. A part of me simply wants it to remain a legendary series of old - I doubt anyone could successfully resurrect MM, and bring it back to its former glory. On the other hand, it would be truly amazing if someone did..

I'm also not sure what I want from Piranha Bytes. More Gothic? More Risen? Something new entirely? I know I want them to stick closer to their G2 formula than other formulas, but beyond that I simply want them to make the best game possible - regardless of setting.

- Piranha Bytes pretending Forsaken Gods and Arcania never happened and do Gothic 4.
Yes, yes, YES! And the impossible: Troika games getting back together just to create another VTM. Then the world explodes.

Back
Top Bottom