RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

Thanks. I didn't exen know it existed.

Learned something new. :)

Hello, everyone.

After I deleted the cookies thanks to a problem I had earlier, I lost the one favourite theme of this forum. The back background with light blue outlines. I don't see it in the themes list. :(

It's in the top bar, click on 'Dark'.

Is the Watch interested in DDO Screenshots ? I have quite a lot of them.

Probably not since we no longer cover MMO's.

Okay.

Has the server been choking? Every once in a while RPGWatch seems to just stop dead for about five minutes. Then everything is great again for several minutes/hours. I've seen it in the forums tonight and on the main page yesterday. It's either "great" or "dead" for me, never "slow".

Is it really the Watch ? Because I have encountered a simuilar behaviour with my Opera Browser, but in this case it is caused by hard hard disc access (either cache or swap file).

It seems to be the Watch. I'm able to go to other websites and read/post there.

It was hung for the past half hour or so for me just now. Maybe I'm hitting a maintenance window?

The backup run used to start shortly after midnight CET here if I recall correctly. I don't know how it is nowadays as I usually sleep long before that time, but the boards used to be slow during maintenance.

The daily maintenance runs at 19.20 CET. The daily backup runs at 07:30 CET.
The latter one takes the most time. In Kansas it is 00:30 at that time.
Does that match the moment when you experience the problem?

Daily maintenance could explain the weekend troubles but the one I had yesterday would have been at around 12:30am CET (give or take an hour - I'm not sure how the daylight/summer time jumps work out).

It could be some sort of network thing. If my request gets lost on the way to RPGWatch then I'll be waiting forever for a response that RPGWatch doesn't even know I've made. That would explain why the speed seems fine before and after the problem. Next time I get this I'll cancel and re-try more often instead of waiting to see if something comes back. Maybe do a little ping'ing.

It would be interesting to know if others experience this as well.

I don't remember such a thing.
I have oher problems, however. For example sometimes the forum no more working correctly. - I can usually solve it via emptying the browser's cache.

anyone else getting strange results with "news watch" and "forum watch" links?

in some cases I expected to get the most recent newsbit but instead I got the first. As well, the Pricewatch! thread took me to pages 98, 99, and 100 respectively each successive time I clicked on it.

these issues may or not be related. The Pricewatch thread is probably the longest, most continuous threads on these boards.

Also, why did just noticed now two threads on bug reports/updates?

Maybe you clicked on the title of the thread? That takes you to the first post. The small icon to the left of it will bring you to the first post you did not read yet of that thread. If that brings you to page 98 and you do not go to page 99 or 100. And you leave the thread, the system assumes that you have read the posts on page 98 but not the ones on page 99 and 100. So the thread remains marked unread and brings you to the first post of page 99 when you open it again, this continues until you have opened the last page of the thread.

Try to erase your browser's cache.

Never noticed such problems.

Did you configure your forum settings to show the latest posts on top?

that makes sense - I rarely log in before reading articles so that is probably the reason for the discrepancy in my viewing.

I'm not sure if this exists, but I think it would be a neat feature.

I like seeing threads that I've posted in before to see if any new replies have popped up.
The way I'm currently doing this is by using the search function and looking for any threads I've posted in before.

If there's a button somewhere for this, can someone let me know ?
Otherwise, I'd think it would be a good feature to add to the website.

Back
Top Bottom