The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Keep the resolution ingame the same as your desktop settings, and turn all the ingame settings for video way down to start with. You can up them one at a time. Might let you play til you can get your new card.

Well, I've uninstalled DDO with high resolution (which I had) and I've installed DDO with standard resolution. Right now I'm running ye olde updates. ;)

Afterwards, I'll try it.

The better it works the more likely it is that I'll use this system (as it is now) and save more money for a better card.

Well, I did Delara's Part II & III … It runs good - the only real drawback are the … shoddy graphics. ;) Everything's Low-res now … ;)

But apart from that I'm ready for Friday ! :) Yay ! :)

I've found out, by the way, that my Cleric is still level 7 … With some luck I'll get him to level 8 this week.

By the way, I've been *very* impressed that you made t to Guild Level 66 ! :eek: (Star Wars : Order 66 ? ;) ) You must've been very busy … :)

And last point . I've found out that from all discounted adventure packs (apparingly only a part of all was really discounted) only the Secrets Of The Artificers pack is discounted for me - simply because i already own everything else of the discounted packs.
Is this worth anything ? I don't know much about it at all.

Apart from that I'm thinking of the (non-discounted) Necropolis II pack … But I'm still unsure …

I'm wondering, by the way, when Mabar will start … They've been testing it on Lamannia, I read, so it's likely to start in October or (more fitting) in early November …

Look for the Necro pack which offers all 4 Nerco's for a really decent price.

Secrets of the Artificers is actually a good pack, very fun to play quests and some nice gear even without doing the raids, though I hear the raids' gear is less than great given the grind in crafting it and the level. However, those quests are level 19, and since your highest is 16, I'm not sure it'd be a shoe in buy. Definitely one to get later though, as you push into the high-heroic levels. XP sucks for time involved, but the pack makes up for it elsewhere in sheer fun-to-play levels.

Necro II is more of the same as Necro I. A bit more annoying, with the Swim of Boredom (Shadow Guard), and monsters that spend most of their time phased out so you can't hit them. Much better as a Arcane or Druid, who can just drop Firewalls everywhere, but still a drag. Really good XP though, so good that on a TR it's almost a requirement, and Silver Flame favor, which is important to get for the Silver Flame potions at 400 favor. Those are Heal pots, 100 or 250 points per potion base, but have the drawback of giving you -10 to all stats and slow your attack speed.

Thank you.
And I already own Necro I & IV.

So it's to decide whether I'll rather buy Necro II or Secrets. Hm, will be a tough decision.

On the one hand Necro II is something I could play almost instantly, but the overall setting is so dark and "gothic" that it isn't that much fun for me … On the other hand it'll take ages until I get my levels so high that I'm able to play Secrets … Plus the Silver Flame favour … is something not to ignore.

That seaid, I'm more leaning towards Necro II right now than towards Secrets … Or I'll wait until next week altogether, looking as if they put more adventures into sale (which I doubt).

What are the plans for Friday, by the way ?

Edit : Just found a guild name : "Crate and Barrel Smashing, LLC"
Edit : Lolth and Dragonshards - why ? http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=393290
Edit : By Cordovan : "Up next? Update 15 Patch 2, then Mabar! Stay tuned for more details and dates."
Edit : By Cordovan, same thread : "You should fear the Secret Cow Level. It's a very scary place… :)"
Edit : By Vargouille, another dev there : "I'm currently ascending."
Edit : And again by Cordovan : "There's a really good chance folks will be able to read new preview notes as early as tomorrow."

Last edited:
I think the packs that are a must (based on loot, XP and fun) are:
* Necro I (5-6)
* Delera's Tomb (5-11)
* Necro II (8-9)
* Vault of Night (8-10)
* Red Fens (9)
* Demon Sands (10-12)
* Ruins of Gianthold (13-14)
* Necro IV (14-17)
* Vale of Twilight (16-17)
* Secrets of the Artificer (19-20)
* Menace of the Underdark (20-25)

Other interesting packs are:
* Catacombs (3-4)
* Shard syndicate (4)
* Tangleroot (3-7)
* Sorrowdusk (6-10)
* Attack on Stormreach (13)
* Harbinger of Madness (15)
* Reaver's Reach (17)
* Path of Inspiration (17-19)
* Devils of Shavarath (19-20)

I even play these regularly when I level up:
* Seal of Shan-To-Kor (3-5)
* Three Barrel Cove (4-7)
* Sentinels (6-8)
* Druid's deep (17)
* Reign of Madness (17)
* Dreaming Dark (18-20)

These I avoid:
* Carnival (5)
* Devil assault (6)
* Ruins of Threnal (8-10)
* Restless Isles (10)
* Necro 3 (11-12)
* Challenge pack (15-30)

I have to run through Necro 3 once on each of my toons to get tier 3 of the Silver flame necklace. Once I have it I try to avoid Necro 3. It's a pity because the quest gives good XP.

The problem is that 2 of the 4 flagging quests are really frustrating. In Tomb of the Tormented you have to lead a rat through a maze. It can take forever, especially after blade barrier can't kill the enemy rats in the maze. In Tomb of the blighted you get diseased all the time from the putrid fluid on the ground. So you need to run back and forth to fountains to purify yourself. The end quest is not so bad, but it's timed and you can easily wipe there if a player makes a mistake.

If all show up then we will run our level 9-10 toons. Do you have a toon in the 9-11 range, Alrik? If you have a level 8 then you might try to play him up towards 10.

We have several quests we want to do. One is Necro 2. It's great XP even though some quests are a bit frustrating. So if you get Necro 2 before Friday you can get a lot of XP there. Doing all 5 quests should give you a level if you're a first lifer.

We really need to be level 10 before tackling Necro II. Not because of the difficulty, but because I don't want to be stuck grinding desert quests due to the TRs, and that level range is a bit light.

Means Corwin will have to log on, and get caught up. Aneira will be, probably later today, as I can run explorers easily enough to catch up.

My Wizard is at Level 9. Cleric is only 1/3 within level 7, but I plan to finish Delara's with him tonight. I really want to finish that. My Artificer shuld be level 8, but I don't remember anymore how far he is into that territory right now.

I *could* try bringing my Cleric to level 10, but I have no idea how far I'll suceed with that. I'm not a grinding man. ;)

Okay, I think that I'll be buying Necro II, then, simply because level 19 is so far away for me now.

(Yesterday in a part of Delra's Tomb : "Aaah, not these skeletal arctus' again ! You REALLY get on my NERVES now ! BEGONE !")

We should probably sit on lvl10 until Corwin and Reywind get there. Corwin's got a couple ranks to go, even after last week, and I think Reywind still needed a few thousand XP. Perhaps Corwin can solo another quest or two in Sorrowdusk? We did quests 1-4, but got too tired to do more. Otherwise, we need to run alts again or he'll never catch up.

I think we've exhausted the level 7 quests. We've got 3 series to dig into that include level 8 quests: Necro2, Threnal, and VoN (wasn't in the plan, but it seems the group wants the K favor so we'll modify the plan). There's also Xorian Cypher hanging around. With level 9 toons, we'd actually be under level for those quests, so I'd probably stick with the quests we know well. I'd be worthless at turning being underlevel on top of my splash, so I'd favor knocking out the VoN quests (although it doesn't really matter to me if the group would rather do Necro2 first).

@Alrik- actually, we don't have any arcanes in the group, so your wizzy would fit nicely. Saves you some pre-session grinding, too.

Thank you.

Lamannia Update 15 Patch 2 release notes can be found here : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376774

Among other things there are :

Monsters

* Driders will no longer use web line snares through walls and floors.
* Monsters which "phase out" will do so less often, and for a shorter period of time.
* Giants are now more awesome, and less glitchy.
* Shadows summoned by monsters now attack players.

Monster Manual

* Exterminator and Slayer deeds are now classified with Roman numerals.
* Tomes of Learning and XP potions now increase experience gained from Deeds.
* Fixed an issue where Warforged were listed as having no resistances.
* Umbral Gargoyle Lords and Fire Mephits are now recorded in the Monster Manual.
* Kobold Hunter is now set to 72 kobolds.
* The Earth Elemental Hunter requirement was set too high, making the top tier Hunter unachievable. This has now been lowered to 24 Earth Elemental types.

UI

* Fixed an issue where using the search bar in the Adventure Compendium would clear quest listings.
* Several outdated loading screen tips have been removed, and new ones have been added for Spell Power and Physical Resistance Rating.
* The Campaign System now supports events like Mabar.

Remember that this is not final yet - it's Lama. ;)

Edit : Leaves Of The Forest ? http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=393407

Last edited:
If we have run out of level 7 quests then we could take level 10 without losing the bravery bonus. That means we won't be underlevel for the quests we do, except Ambrer for some quests and Reywind for 1 quest.

Another possibility is to farm level 7 quests until Ambrer and Reywind hit level 10.

If your toons get to level 9, Alrik we can still run level 8 quests and all of us get bravery bonus for elite. You are a first lifer so you should be able to quickly catch up to us.

Since we will have split groups I think getting your cleric up to 9 is probably smart. We are short of casters too so the wizard will come in handy as well.

I think it doesn't matter regarding the sequence of the quests chains we will play. The key is to hold levels until we have completed all the ones we want to do. This way we should get bravery bonus for all quests and not get stuck with not finding things to do at higher levels.

E. g. we can play more in Sorrowdusk or do Threnal before we look at Necro II.

Alrik, don't bother with getting packs for Sorrowdusk or Threnal if we decide to go there. We will get you a guest pass for the packs you don't have.

Sounded like Corwin will be busy for a while, maybe next 2 weeks at best guess. We should just plan on running our alts again this week to get both Reywind and Corwin up to 10. We will just be repeating some quests with them is all we can do unless Reywind gets some days off and can run Corwin up on off days by next week.

We could also ask Sherwinsorc if he ? she ? wants to quest with us.

Sherwinsorc seems to be F2P so far, so perhaps guest passes would be needed - but is also level 5 so far.

Alrik, don't bother with getting packs for Sorrowdusk or Threnal if we decide to go there. We will get you a guest pass for the packs you don't have.

I already have both, no guest passes needed.

I think I should compile a list of all of the packs I have, one day. So that you'll know.

I finished Delara's today, plus the "Dead Girl's quest". My Cleric is short before having 2/3 of the required xp to get to level 8.

I'm busy all day today and I still am barely half way through Inquisitor after playing little else for 4 weeks. It's a very long game, though certain patterns are emerging.
I could cheat my way through to finish more quickly, but I don't like doing that as it can slant a review. I might find time to play DDO a little tomorrow, if I see people online, but no guarantees.

We'll just have to operate on the assumption that you won't be on except for Fridays.

I never did log on, and I don't have much time tonight, so I may not get Aneira up either. Though she's not as critical. At least I was able to log on earlier today, though a bugged out hireling caused me to wipe in Offering of Blood on my Druid. Not an easy quest regardless, and especially since my most effective tactic of Sleet Storm + Ice Storm isn't available since the Scorrow dispel Freedom of Movement too often to make that viable.

Back
Top Bottom