Bound By Flame - Meet the Demon

Played it for 2 hours or so and like it so far.

Combat is quite difficult for me though (Hawk difficulty). Hope I'll get better when the opponents get stronger.

I'll be starting over on the easiest difficulty which is a first for me. Unfortunately upping difficulty in this game would only add tedium not challenge IMO.

I hope they listen to feedback and tweak the combat system if possible. So far difficulty is not derived from AI. It relies on high enemy hit points and low character damage output. Then they throw in large mobs of melee and ranged enemies and bad companion AI.

It's pretty easy to get behind enemies to get in a few whacks but you do such little damage that you will be doing this for a very long time in every encounter, even weak enemies take a while to kill. If you do start to die you can move about 20 ft. Away and monsters will forget you exist. Problem with that though is the monsters will recover all their HP so you will then need to start the tedium over.

For this reason I will play on easy and try to enjoy the story and C&C.

I'm not seeing especially low damage - you do have to change and upgrade weapons, and use blocks, ripostes and area effect attacks...

I do die relatively often though :)

Yes I'm using all the moves, the riposte is extremely easy to pull off but doesn't seem to do much damage.

It's still early for me so it may change and if it does I'll be sure to post as such.

It could also have to do with all the souls gaming I've been doing lately, where you can kill or be killed in a few swings. Except for bosses, obviously.

Back
Top Bottom