Kickstarter: Project Fedora, new Tex Murphy game

Thaurin

SasqWatch
Okay, so I've seen a couple more of these threads. It's just that this is the first kickstarter project that has even got ME to pledge $150. I want this game so bad but it's not looking very good right now with $171,827 of $450,000 pledges and only 29 days to go. Sigh... so I made this post, or something.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/251414413/tex-murphy-project-fedora

“Project Fedora” will continue the amazing adventures of Tex Murphy, the down-on-his-luck P.I. in post-apocalyptic San Francisco. This long-awaited game will be the sixth in the adventure series, which includes the award-winning games Under a Killing Moon, The Pandora Directive and Overseer."

I want this game so bad but it's not looking very good right now with $171,827 of $450,000 pledges and only 29 days to go. Sigh…

Not good? They just started and it is their 3rd day and they have had a much better start than the SpaceVenture project, which is doing rather poorly at this very moment.

Unfortunately, I never played any of the Tex Murphy games but considering the impressive average pledge of around $100, there must be a very faithful following, which would be an indicator of the quality of the series.

Since I like adventure games and considering the many highly positive comments regarding the series, I decided to pledge as well.

I fondly remember the Tex Murphy games… First person 3D “film noir” adventures with above par stories and puzzles, and integrated live action video of the actors… Cutting edge technology at the time.

I pledged $100 for the boxed collector’s edition. :thumbsup:

BTW, only 40 hours left for Jane Jensen's Moebuis Kickstarter.

Not good? They just started and it is their 3rd day and they have had a much better start than the SpaceVenture project, which is doing rather poorly at this very moment.

Alright! That's really good then! Not the SpaceVenture part, I loved those games back in the day as well. I'm considering pleding for that, too.

See, I couldn't readily find the starting date and, not knowing much about this whole Kickstarter thing, I thought getting more than $200,000 in under a month looked a little bleak. Glad to hear that I'm wrong. Kind of sad to realize that I will be down $150 soon, lol.

Unfortunately, I never played any of the Tex Murphy games but considering the impressive average pledge of around $100, there must be a very faithful following, which would be an indicator of the quality of the series.

They were one of the pioneers of the emergence of CD-ROM and the use of FMV in games. It's also one of the few fully 3D adventure games ever made. Multiple story paths and endings, a good mix of humour, sci-fi and film noir and lots of video with real live actor and a good story featuring the lovable P.I. Tex Murphy. Unfortunately, the controls were pretty horrible, but that would be resolved in this new game.

Since I like adventure games and considering the many highly positive comments regarding the series, I decided to pledge as well.

Good! This post wasn't for nothing!

Vindicator;1061144406I pledged $100 for the boxed collector’s edition. :thumbsup:[/quote said:
Nice!

Looks like the return of many good adventure game writers!

See, I couldn't readily find the starting date and, not knowing much about this whole Kickstarter thing, I thought getting more than $200,000 in under a month looked a little bleak. Glad to hear that I'm wrong. Kind of sad to realize that I will be down $150 soon, lol.

You can see some statistics at Kicktraq.com.

That's hardly surprising since ardent fans tend to donate early and than (like in elections) it's a question if project will attract enough of "undecided" to meet it's funding goal.

It will probably pick up again a bit after another set of paydays and when the Pinkerton Road kickstarter closes (particularly if they give a post-closing shout out to the tex murphey project.)

Just did my part. Backed the Jane Jensen project, Grin Dawn and the Tex Murphy game.

They need some $26k more in 41 hours for the 30% stretch goal. That will allow them to use a live orchestra and add a new area with more NPCs (and a golf mini-game I don't particularly care about).

So pledge!

For anyone interested. The Tex Murphy Guys posted this:

1) Everyone who has pledged at least $15 gets a chance at winning a piece of Tex memorabilia.

2) Anyone who upgrades their pledge by $15 from the time UPDATE 34 was launched has a chance at winning an upgrade to the $1,000 tier. 3 people in total will win an upgraded tier. If you are selected and have already pledged at the $1,000 tier, you will receive one of the Tex memorabilia pieces.

Figured it could be interest to existing backers or would be backers

Back
Top Bottom